Yummy Coffee..........with frothy milk :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
So as milky as a latte? Like a cortado with extra milk?
Espresso with milk, no foam or as little as possible

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I ask for a black coffee just to annoy the serving staff, i would go to establishments that understand but mrs CK has been brainwashed by the church of costa a lot .

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Mines a Dolce Gusto, lots of different flavours and they do tea and hot chocolate pods as well xx

Tassimo also do a range of tea and chocolate pods, although you have to go on line to find the full range of what you can get - Amazon are good for something obscure.

I'm still waiting for them to bring out a proper vending machine style soup though...;)

swansonj

Guru
People were tried at Nuremberg for putting milk in coffee!
There's a Pat Conroy novel and Robert Duvall film called The Great Santini, and I've always suspected that you might have a sneaking empathy for the Lt-Col Marine title character. In it, his son turns 18, and, among other things, drinks his first cup of coffee as a birthday treat. His father tells him never to trust anyone who has milk in coffee.

This always puzzled me, firstly the idea that drinking coffee was so grown-up a thing to do that it had to await your 18th, and secondly that black coffee was a macho thing or white coffee effeminate. As someone who apparently shares at least one of those views, can you educate me - is it an American thing, or a specifically military thing, or just a manly man thing? (I would of course not be party to it whichever of those applied...:smile:)

MikeG

Guru
I have now invested in my super-duper coffee machine..........

Away with him immediately to the flogging tree, and don't spare the lashes. Coffee? No red-blooded Englishman would sully his palate. Tea. Tea is what we drink, and this deviance should not be tolerated.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Away with him immediately to the flogging tree, and don't spare the lashes. Coffee? No red-blooded Englishman would sully his palate. Tea. Tea is what we drink, and this deviance should not be tolerated.
Tea? Tea? Coffeehouses were here first and served the first teas when they became available. If any drink should be banished, it ought to be the Indian hedge clippings stew popularised by Mrs Charles II!

MikeG

Guru
The boneshaker was here before the pedal cycle. So was the penny farthing. Are you suggesting we chuck away our modern bikes and go back to some second best alternative just because it came first?

stephec

Legendary Member
Anyone like Mellow Birds?
I had you down as more of a Nescafe kind of guy.

1a2fa8ce40447ede7482de0b3f642b10.jpg

We have a Tassimo and we love it. There are hundreds of choices available on their website and so far we have tried cappuccino, latte, caramel latte, hot chocolate, oreo, café au lait and mocha. The mocha is delicious.

Top Bottom