Zero miles in January.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
I haven't been out since November and currently have no motivation to make a start. Really have lost the cycling mojo this last year.

August for me. A combination of things after that date have kept me off.

It's rubbish

Milzy

Guru
All mine have been indoor. Ohhh well.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I managed one day last week (in the ice with spiked tyres) but had to get off and push on the steeper of the hills.

I was using the Singlespeed though (36/15 ratio) for the 7 mile round trip commute.

Last edited:

presta

Guru
Zero miles in
January
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
and most of April

I think that must be the longest since I learnt to ride a bike ~61 years ago.

6 miles for December and January combined - two return journeys to the Co-op. As days are getting longer, I hope to soon be able to get toat least some U3A afternoon meetings (and back!) by bike but of course it will be weather-dependent. I might do a trip to Lidl by bike next week - a few days of fine weather seem to be forecast - but not if there's frost on the ground.

D

Deleted member 1258

Three rides for me in January totalling 73 miles.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
This must be the first full calendar month in about 20 years that I have done ZERO cycling miles.
A combination of factors, but having this lingering winter bug thing since just after new year; weather alternating between sub zero with ice, and wet/windy; and a general lack of cycling mojo have all contributed.
On the positive side, my niggling left hip pain has improved significantly. I have done some investigation into this and come to the conclusion that I have been riding with my saddle set too high. So going to follow the advice found on several "bike fit" videos and lower my saddle, to see how it goes.
It's February tomorrow, so hopefully going to kick start my cycling year at the weekend as the weather looks reasonable.

Maybe time to setup a new type of challenge? 🤔

Top Bottom