Zero miles in January.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
I rode Alp d"Huez yesterday, from the comfort of my garage.

All uphill

Still rolling along
My January milage was low, because my commute is shorter nowadays.
Haven't missed a day, though, I work 6 days to boot :angel:
Won't stop even now that I've got my free bus pass.
There are no direct buses to my work anyway :laugh:

It's obviously a tough job being a moderator.

Commuting in six days a week, maintaining law and order from CC Towers and then cycling home.

tyred

Legendary Member
I haven't been keeping an accurate tally but I'd say I've done just over 200 miles, the longest ride around 35 miles. All singlespeed, apart from the leisurely 12 miles I did on the Brompton on new year's day.

I started the year with a lingering dose of 'flu then had a week of ice and snow.

I have struggled for motivation ever since getting t-boned at a junction. My ankle still causes me some problems and I'm far more aware of traffic and have never got my confidence back. I do enjoy it when I go out but can easily put it of or procrastinate for all sorts of non-reasons which is not what I used to be like.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I haven't been keeping an accurate tally but I'd say I've done just over 200 miles, the longest ride around 35 miles. All singlespeed, apart from the leisurely 12 miles I did on the Brompton on new year's day.

I started the year with a lingering dose of 'flu then had a week of ice and snow.

I have struggled for motivation ever since getting t-boned at a junction. My ankle still causes me some problems and I'm far more aware of traffic and have never got my confidence back. I do enjoy it when I go out but can easily put it of or procrastinate for all sorts of non-reasons which is not what I used to be like.
I'm sorry to hear that one of your pleasures has been tarnished; I hope your ankle and confidence keep improving. That way we all get to see your great photos of NI ^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
November and December were bad for me. 4 rides (two return commutes) in November before Covid hit, then not fit enough until just before new year with one ride of an hour and a half.

January has been 250 miles, 25 rides (12 return commutes and a single 10 miler road ride testing shoes). 22 hours total and, actually my best January for some time.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I haven't ridden at all since mid October. Initially due to (non-Covid) illness, but now I seem to have a mental block. Many times in recent weeks I've been enthusiastically planning in the evening but the doubts and excuses have set in again come the morning.

My bike is ready and waiting. I hope I'm not too far over the weight limit... :sad:

Panscrank

There rides totalling fifty miles.
My usual average ride distance is about 20 miles or so on the hybrid, so am ok with that as usually only get to go out at the weekend.
Planning a short fifteen mile jaunt down to Mumbles Pier and back tomorrow.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I’ve not been out this year yet either, not just because of the weather but because of the poor state of the roads. I’d hate to hit one of the many potholes round here then have to have to rely on the NHS. I have however been getting quite a few virtual miles in on my Wattbike.

johnnyb47

Guru
No cycling for me either throughout January. Really must get back into it ,as I'm starting to put the weight back on and my usual positive outlook on life is not as good as it was. This week has been nice and dry and relatively mild and have promised myself to get out on the bike this weekend

Fastpedaller

OP..... I've been the same - No miles, but the same hip pain and lower back. We (Wife, Daughter & I) had covid 2nd January - have you also had it but not known/tested? 4 people from the Pilates group my Wife attends have also had the same lower back and hip pain with covid. Strangely all females have had it RHS, mine is on LHS - Male/Female covid specific? I have little sustainable energy - may be ok one day but the next is a dip again.

Top Bottom