Zigzag and his 24hr time trial

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I should have added to the first post that this was Rimas first attempt at TT
First attempt at any TT or first attempt at a 24hrs TT? If the former then bloody hell.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Apart from a certain 2,000-odd mile ride to Istanbul. Which was more of a time trial than anything else.

Not quite right in Rimas case as he decided to do a more 'sightsee'er route' then a direct one. He could have gone a much quicker route but chose not to.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Blimey!

That's impressive

zigzag

Veteran
only just seen this - thank you from the bottom of my heart my dearest friends!! still feeling a bit spaced out and stiff in my neck/shoulders not being used to tt position (massage session arranged for the next tuesday). my moving average was 20.06mph, however stopped time of 6min means that overall average speed 19.97mph and the organisers have just recalculated the total distance to 479.39 miles - could have pushed a bit harder if i knew i was that close to 480!.. :smile:

i wouldn't have done so well at my first attempt without some excellent advice and tips from @frank9755 (who is embarking on the transcontinental race this friday!!!), support of professional standard from @Ian H (not a single glitch without any prior rehearsal!) and valuable insights from former winners of this race.

i am truly humbled by this thread - happy cycling beautiful people!

mersey_roads085-800x533.jpg

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
only just seen this - thank you from the bottom of my heart my dearest friends!! still feeling a bit spaced out and stiff in my neck/shoulders not being used to tt position (massage session arranged for the next tuesday). my moving average was 20.06mph, however stopped time of 6min means that overall average speed 19.97mph and the organisers have just recalculated the total distance to 479.39 miles - could have pushed a bit harder if i knew i was that close to 480!.. :smile:

i wouldn't have done so well at my first attempt without some excellent advice and tips from @frank9755 (who is embarking on the transcontinental race this friday!!!), support of professional standard from @Ian H (not a single glitch without any prior rehearsal!) and valuable insights from former winners of this race.

i am truly humbled by this thread - happy cycling beautiful people!

mersey_roads085-800x533.jpg
Extraordinary effort. Well done!

Top Bottom