Zigzag and his 24hr time trial

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The machine

13700098_10154418694864697_4366564028844003331_n.jpg

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Astounding effort esp considering your very flat position on the bike, my TT bike has me uncomfortable after a fraction of the distance you did and I have mine set much less aggressive. Maybe you are naturally supple!
Did you build up to the TT over a long period with huge rides?

zigzag

Veteran
Astounding effort esp considering your very flat position on the bike, my TT bike has me uncomfortable after a fraction of the distance you did and I have mine set much less aggressive. Maybe you are naturally supple!
Did you build up to the TT over a long period with huge rides?
i don't think so (i cannot reach my toes without a proper warm-up and stretching), i have done two audaxes of 400km and 300km on this bike, spending about 60-70% of the time in the tri-bars, and three rides of 75km. all other rides (about 9000km this year) were done on a road or hybrid bikes.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
i don't think so (i cannot reach my toes without a proper warm-up and stretching), i have done two audaxes of 400km and 300km on this bike, spending about 60-70% of the time in the tri-bars, and three rides of 75km. all other rides (about 9000km this year) were done on a road or hybrid bikes.
Well, amazing stuff! I guess some people are better suited to this biking lark than others! 100 miles is around my limit and my body lets me know I've done it :cry:

frank9755

Cyclist
only just seen this - thank you from the bottom of my heart my dearest friends!! still feeling a bit spaced out and stiff in my neck/shoulders not being used to tt position (massage session arranged for the next tuesday). my moving average was 20.06mph, however stopped time of 6min means that overall average speed 19.97mph and the organisers have just recalculated the total distance to 479.39 miles - could have pushed a bit harder if i knew i was that close to 480!.. :smile:

i wouldn't have done so well at my first attempt without some excellent advice and tips from @frank9755 (who is embarking on the transcontinental race this friday!!!), support of professional standard from @Ian H (not a single glitch without any prior rehearsal!) and valuable insights from former winners of this race.

Well done once again, Rimas. Any fool with an opinion can give advice; the hard bit is to go out and ride the distance!

Firestorm

Veteran
Excellent stuff, I have very fond memories of 24"s . Sleeping in the back pf my dads Anglia estate as we assisted a clubmate of theirs in the Nationals
Nim Carline always won

Top Bottom