Zing!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
No chance. The nutritional value of aubergines is as compost for more worthy veg. And chicken liver is only good with apricots for a stuffing in a goose. Anything else is plainly subversive.
Add chopped/minced chicken livers into your meat sauce as a filling for Lasagne al forno. You'll soon change your mind.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
OK, I'll concede I use aubergines in a ratatouille but that's it, they have no other use.

If you don't like this you're mental.

http://www.antonio-carluccio.com/La_Parmigiana_di_Melanzane

Arch

Married to Night Train
I had a tin of Thomas the Tank engine pasta shapes in tomato sauce for lunch, found unopened in a recycling box.

TBH, it lacked zest. They weren't even as interesting as my usual 11p instant noodles from Sainsburys.

<sigh>

U

User482

Add chopped/minced chicken livers into your meat sauce as a filling for Lasagne al forno. You'll soon change your mind.

Oh yes. Also nice in a salad with a good dressing (I went for orange, soy and honey).

Maz

Guru
I had this timeless classic last night, straight out of Madhur Jaffrey's Cook Book...
bangers and mash, proper nosh and no messing, right folks? :thumbsup:
IMG-20130110-00283.jpg

U

User482

I just had marinated aubergines for lunch. Based, in a slapdash sort of way, on a recipe from the Silver Spoon. Lots of finely chopped garlic, chilli, capers, mint and parsley, salt and pepper - dress some warm grilled or fried aubergine slices with this, top with a little olive oil and leave overnight. It's rather like the first few seconds when you get in the sea - food to remind you with a slap around the chops that it's good to be alive. Banish the bland, and talk zingy food to me. I want salsa verde, kimchi, lime pickle and lemon surprise pudding (not all at once, obviously). Just before Christmas I was introduced to chicken livers with pomegranate at a Lebanese in Streatham High Road. Bring it on.

If we're talking puddings...I made some lemon tart last week. Much sharper than shop versions - with the juice and zest of four whole lemons. The zing of the filling is a nice contrast to the sweet pastry.

mangaman

I just had marinated aubergines for lunch. Based, in a slapdash sort of way, on a recipe from the Silver Spoon. Lots of finely chopped garlic, chilli, capers, mint and parsley, salt and pepper - dress some warm grilled or fried aubergine slices with this, top with a little olive oil and leave overnight. It's rather like the first few seconds when you get in the sea - food to remind you with a slap around the chops that it's good to be alive. Banish the bland, and talk zingy food to me. I want salsa verde, kimchi, lime pickle and lemon surprise pudding (not all at once, obviously). Just before Christmas I was introduced to chicken livers with pomegranate at a Lebanese in Streatham High Road. Bring it on.

Sounds nice.

I made an aubergine curry last night - roast them and cool them and scoop out the flesh and mush.
Fry loads of chilli and some onion until a bit crispy. Ginger and garlic then fresh tomatoes and coriander, cumin and garam masala and cook till the spices are cooked out. I added green beans and peas as well as the aubergine flesh and cook for 15 mins. Finish with loads of fresh coriander.

Lovely with dhal and naan.

Plenty left for tonight as well :hungry:

Chicken livers with pomegranate... sounds nice : any tips - how they did it / served it?

Cheers.

mangaman

[QUOTE 2249071, member: 1314"]Funnily enough, I made aubergines the other night. TT asked me for a recipe and it got me in the mood. I

baked the aubergine and peeled it

fried onions, green chillies, garlic, ginger, cumin seeds

threw in a tomato, greek yoghurt, garam marsala, red chilli powser, turmeric, salt, minced aubergine, patak’s lime pickle

Stewed

Lovely. Looks like puke but yummy. I took a photo to put on FB but, as I said, it looks pukey so will just post here!

View attachment 17370 [/quote]

It looks nice enough to me CofG and I bet it tasted good - although you seem to have spread it liberally around the kitchen :whistle:

Top Bottom