Zing!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
What you need is zing and ting

aka Wray and Nephews overproof white cane spirit and a can of Ting carbonated grapefruit drink.

A bottle of Zing to a can of Ting makes for a pretty heady mix and a surprisingly clear head the next morning.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Sounds nice.

I made an aubergine curry last night - roast them and cool them and scoop out the flesh and mush.
Fry loads of chilli and some onion until a bit crispy. Ginger and garlic then fresh tomatoes and coriander, cumin and garam masala and cook till the spices are cooked out. I added green beans and peas as well as the aubergine flesh and cook for 15 mins. Finish with loads of fresh coriander.

Lovely with dhal and naan.

Plenty left for tonight as well :hungry:

Chicken livers with pomegranate... sounds nice : any tips - how they did it / served it?

Cheers.

It was recommended by the Dellzeqqs, and it wasn't exactly what I was expecting - I thought it would be some sauteed livers scattered with pomegranate seeds by way of a refreshing contrast, and indeed they were sauteed, but there were no seeds but some intense bitter/sweet/sour pomegranatey thing going on in a minimal sort of sauce - a flavour unlike anything I have encountered before. I've since read in Ottolenghi's book that there is something called pomegranate molasses - perhaps this is the secret.

hotfuzzrj

Veteran
I persuaded a colleague to try some Montezuma's lime and chilli chocolate the other day which she spat out and was horrified anyone would eat such rubbish, which I laughed off saying it was fine and just a tiny bit spicy.

I then proceeded to get a minute amount caught in the back of my throat where it stayed tormenting me for about 10 minutes while my eyes were watering and I was coughing like a little girl.

Ooopsie!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
If we're talking puddings...I made some lemon tart last week. Much sharper than shop versions - with the juice and zest of four whole lemons. The zing of the filling is a nice contrast to the sweet pastry.
I LOVE tarte au citron - delicious! One of my favourite deserts!

mangaman

It was recommended by the Dellzeqqs, and it wasn't exactly what I was expecting - I thought it would be some sauteed livers scattered with pomegranate seeds by way of a refreshing contrast, and indeed they were sauteed, but there were no seeds but some intense bitter/sweet/sour pomegranatey thing going on in a minimal sort of sauce - a flavour unlike anything I have encountered before. I've since read in Ottolenghi's book that there is something called pomegranate molasses - perhaps this is the secret.

Thanks

Pomegranate molasses - lovely.

It's quite hard to get, although there's a Lebanese bloke in Sussex who imports it and sells it around the markets around here.

(Sorry - not that helpful for you unless you want me to get hold of some for you)

I've always used it a bit like a variation on Balsamic Vinegar - I'd never thought of it with liver :smile:

longers

Legendary Member
Aubergine involtini are another one for Crackle to try. I demand ask for olives and capers to be thrown in.

We've a prawn and cardomom curry recipe that qualifies for this thread.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'll keep quiet about my rocket, olives and chargrilled peppers, with Double Gloucester and mature Cheddar, a glass of Merlot and a ciabatta roll.
*feels somewhat inadequate*

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Looks like the award for the most middle class thread of the year has been won already!

I'm only jealous - 3 day out of date slice of rank pizza here found lurking at the back of the fridge.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Skate, saffron, red pepper, cherry toms...
P1050128_zps58e01deb.jpg

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm only jealous - 3 day out of date slice of rank pizza here found lurking at the back of the fridge.

We picked up, among other things yesterday, two pizza delivery boxes, each containing just under half a pizza, very mouldy, and a fork! (proper metal fork, not plastic).

We tipped the mouldy pizza and forks back into the recycling box, lets see how long it takes them to make it to the bin.

[QUOTE 2251109, member: 259"]Eating pizza with a fork? Weird! :wacko:[/quote]
It was probably for scraping the mould off. Worth a try.

Arch

Married to Night Train
[QUOTE 2251109, member: 259"]Eating pizza with a fork? Weird! :wacko:[/quote]

Well yes, that was odd.

I'm always amazed at thrown away pizza. Not that people seem to think it's recyclable, but that anyone leaves any to throw away! I always polished any leftovers off for breakfast...

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well yes, that was odd.

I'm always amazed at thrown away pizza. Not that people seem to think it's recyclable, but that anyone leaves any to throw away! I always polished any leftovers off for breakfast...
My daughter especially asks me to make extra pizza so that there is left overs for breakfast!!!

I've some salmon cooking along with a butternut squash gratin for tea tonight.

Top Bottom