Zwift - All things Zwift and more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buck

Guru
well BKool is very popular on here but Zwift is also starting to take off.

I thought it'd be good to start a discussion about all things Zwift rather than chasing through the threads to find information etc.

There's lots of information about Zwift on James Gill's website - Titanium Geek

He has a fantastic user guide - worth sitting down with a drink to read through
Titanium Geek Zwift Unofficial User Manual

DC Rainmaker also has a few interesting posts re Zwift here

In the next post Are CC users of Zwift so that we can 'connect' and join virtual races etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
Cycle Chat users on Zwift (Zwift name shown alongside)

@Buck - Adrian Roebuck
@T.M.H.N.E.T - C Bamber TMCC
@bobinski Bob Dynowski
@StevePurcell_SCC - Steve Purcell
@Rob_H
@Specialeyes - Dave Reeson
@Mr. P - Dave Pargeter
@Alan w - Alan Weaver (Beacon RCC)
@Norry1 - Martin Norris
@mintymurray - Andy Murray (Craven Energy)

Last edited:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
So I took a triple jersey today :smile:

1452875557408.jpg

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Yes lol Change the date on your pc/laptop to one that's on this schedule as Watopia :smile: Pretty much has the island to myself.

The drawback is, I set my laptop to 11th and strava thinks I rode on monday!

RevisedJanCourseSch.jpg

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
:biggrin:

Someone else I know did that.

You have to go in and edit the .fit file to change the date so it corrects Strava !!

Nice triple BTW:okay:

Norry1

Legendary Member
I must be really dense - I have now signed up.... but I can't see how to start a ride. I am on my Dashboard, and can't see what to do from there. EDIT - Sorted now I think

Next problem. Zwift won't see my ANT+ dongle. I know it works because it connects with Trainer Road. It was also working on Zwift yesterday when I was setting things up.

I clicked the box to turn off Garmin Express but it still isn't seeing it. Any ideas?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
I must be really dense - I have now signed up.... but I can't see how to start a ride. I am on my Dashboard, and can't see what to do from there. EDIT - Sorted now I think

Next problem. Zwift won't see my ANT+ dongle. I know it works because it connects with Trainer Road. It was also working on Zwift yesterday when I was setting things up.

I clicked the box to turn off Garmin Express but it still isn't seeing it. Any ideas?

@Norry1 - how far away is your ant dongle from your trainer? I only ask, as I have mine on an extension cable which puts it at the front of my front wheel (the cable and ANT+ are fastened to the wall I am facing. It might be that it is on the limits of its reception?

Can you move it closer?

If you change any settings it can be best to log out of Zwift and back in again. Let us know how you get on. If I can help in anyway just shout! :okay:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Proximity isn't a problem - Zwift wasn't seeing my ANT+ dongle. I tried logging out and in - no luck. I rebooted the pc and that seems to have worked. How do I stop Garmin Express doing that every time?

With a bit of luck, will have first Zwift ride later.

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
Glad that bits sorted.

Do you have Garmin Express set to launch each time you turn on your PC? You can change this in the start up programmes part of Control Panel (assuming it is Windows?)

PS What's your user name on Zwift and I'll add you to the list on this thread if that's OK with you?

Top Bottom