Zwift - All things Zwift and more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shooter999

Hi Guys. can I get Zwift to work with an exercise bike? I've got a Garmin 810 with the premium bundle which has the new HRM And cadence / speed sensors?

HB2210

image.jpeg
Ok .. I'm just going to say it .... IM ADDICTED TO ZWIFT :blush:.... Just downloaded two weeks ago, and I love it :wub:
Thinking of trying to do my first 100 miles in Watopia ... How long do you reckon it would take ?? And Alan W :wahhey:how did you feel throughout ? Was it ok ?

Last edited:

AlanW

Guru
Alan

Raise a support ticket. They have got back to me with each of my queries within 48 hours.

https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I raised a ticket the same day together with the .fit file that showed a distance of 100.4 miles plus I also included all the Zwift logs as well. Over two weeks in and still no response other than being told after the first week that the ticket has now been passed onto the technical department? But other than that still no response, despite three further requests requesting an update?

As you say when I raised tickets in the past they have been dealt with within just a few days, so don't know if they have suddenly been flooded with problems or issues?

Meanwhile I still remain without my "100 mile jersey" but one things for sure, I am NOT doing it again!!!

AlanW

Guru
View attachment 118937 Ok .. I'm just going to say it .... IM ADDICTED TO ZWIFT :blush:.... Just downloaded two weeks ago, and I love it :wub:
Thinking of trying to do my first 100 miles in Watopia ... How long do you reckon it would take ?? And Alan W :wahhey:how did you feel throughout ? Was it ok ?

To be honest I am quite used to doing two to three hour sessions, but the leap to 5 hours is a bloody big one and one that I underestimated if I'm being truthful.
Right from the start I had it in my head to do the metric hundred, which wasn't a problem and had that nailed in just less that three hours. So in my head it was a case of so what's another forty miles?
So another hour on and you should be at around the 80 mile mark and then its your head that will be going before your legs will. I stopped at this point and had a quick jog around the garage and back on. If you time it right on a downhill section you should be able to coast while doing this and not lose any time.
I found the last hour tough mentally and physically, and I don't know if getting off was good or not, as I really struggled to get back into a rhythm again. Finally completed the imperial hundred in 4 hours 59 minutes and 13 seconds, so overall very pleased with that.

I did it all as a solo ride but grabbing the odd group of riders as and where I could. I would however suggest that if you were thinking of going for it, then utilise a "c" pace group ride to start off with.

As in real life, smooth and steady is the key over such a distance but more so an a static trainer. But also bearing in mind there is no rest bite at junctions or climbing and you can move the bike about underneath you to stretch your legs.

It also goes without saying that you need to drink loads, I was drinking 1 x litre of water per hour and still lost 5lb in 5 hours

And when I finally get my "trophy" I'll be a lot happier!!!

Last edited:

HB2210

uQUOTE="HB2210, post: 4154740, member: 30975"] View attachment 118937 Ok .. I'm just going to say it .... IM ADDICTED TO ZWIFT :blush:.... Just downloaded two weeks ago, and I love it :wub:

To be honest I am quite used to doing two to three hour sessions, but the leap to 5 hours is a bloody big one and one that I underestimated if I'm being truthful.
Right from the start I had it in my head to do the metric hundred, which wasn't a problem and had that nailed in just less that three hours. So in my head it was a case of so what's another forty miles?
So another hour on and you should be at around the 80 mile mark and then its your head that will be going before your legs will. I stopped at this point and had a quick jog around the garage and back on. If you time it right on a downhill section you should be able to coast while doing this and not lose any time.
I found the last hour tough mentally and physically, and I don't know if getting off was good or not, as I really struggled to get back into a rhythm again. Finally completed the imperial hundred in 4 hours 59 minutes and 13 seconds, so overall very pleased with that.

I did it all as a solo ride but grabbing the odd group of riders as and where I could. I would however suggest that if you were thinking of going for it, then utilise a "c" pace group ride to start off with.

As in real life, smooth and steady is the key over such a distance but more so an a static trainer. But also bearing in mind there is no rest bite at junctions or climbing and you can move the bike about underneath you to stretch your legs.

It also goes without saying that you need to drink loads, I was drinking 1 x litre of water per hour and still lost 5lb in 5 hours

And when I finally get my "trophy" I'll be a lot happier!!![/QUOTE]
Do you have Facebook ? You can message Zwift thru messenger ... Git back to me next day

AlanW

Guru
Yep, tried FB Messenger as well and still no joy, this was the first response from FB messenger:-

Hi Alan, I'm sorry but I can't answer those specific questions for you. You will have you wait for the answer from the Support team. I'm sure they will not make you to do it again, don't worry smile emoticon Thank you very much.

So I left it another week and tried FB Messenger again and got this back:-

Hi Alan, I'm sorry but the SupportTeam is very busy now-days, please be patient. Thank you

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
Good set up there @HB2210

It is addictive isn't it? Having said that as I have been out in the real world a couple of times I haven't been on Zwift this last week. Weather is looking poor tomorrow so might jump on for an hour during the day.

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
@AlanW - such a shame they are taking so long to sort this. Puts me off going for the 100 (yes, that's the only reason - honest :smile:)

Hope you get it sorted soon.

AlanW

Guru
Well still no response from Zwift Technical Support so I sent yet another message via FB Messenger, asking if they would mail Zwift Technical to at least respond to my ticket. Then yesterday I got this reply:-

Hi Alan, I have directly emailed our support team asking to move your ticket forward. I'm sure they will be in touch soon. Thanks and ride on!

Then a few hours later this from Technical Support:-

Hi Alan,

Sorry for the delay - your name has been added to the list for the Century Jersey achievement but only one developer has access to that database to modify it. It will happen but you will, unfortunately, need to be patient as the list is fairly long at the moment but it has not been forgotten.

I'll definitely poke him and see if can take some time to get them done.

Eric C.
Community Support Manager
Zwift.com

Which I suppose at least its a response. And perhaps I am being impatient now, but still doesn't answer why it crashed? Nor have they updated my ride data as it still shows "only" 93.5 miles?

All this just for a virtual jersey trophy, how pathetic is that.....:wacko:

HB2210

Well still no response from Zwift Technical Support so I sent yet another message via FB Messenger, asking if they would mail Zwift Technical to at least respond to my ticket. Then yesterday I got this reply:-

Hi Alan, I have directly emailed our support team asking to move your ticket forward. I'm sure they will be in touch soon. Thanks and ride on!

Then a few hours later this from Technical Support:-

Hi Alan,

Sorry for the delay - your name has been added to the list for the Century Jersey achievement but only one developer has access to that database to modify it. It will happen but you will, unfortunately, need to be patient as the list is fairly long at the moment but it has not been forgotten.

I'll definitely poke him and see if can take some time to get them done.

Eric C.
Community Support Manager
Zwift.com

Which I suppose at least its a response. And perhaps I am being impatient now, but still doesn't answer why it crashed? Nor have they updated my ride data as it still shows "only" 93.5 miles?

All this just for a virtual jersey trophy, how pathetic is that.....:wacko:

I would b exactly the same !!!!

Top Bottom