Zwift - All things Zwift and more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Glad that bits sorted.

Do you have Garmin Express set to launch each time you turn on your PC? You can change this in the start up programmes part of Control Panel (assuming it is Windows?)

PS What's your user name on Zwift and I'll add you to the list on this thread if that's OK with you?

User Name is Martin Norris - how do you edit it?

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
Hey Martin

Not sure which version of Windows you are using but this article should help (I use a Mac so my Windows knowledge is a little rusty!)

Norry1

Legendary Member
I have uninstalled Garmin Express now - and Zwift works fine. I've had 2 goes on it, including a 2hr 20min session this morning. Strangely addictive isn't it!

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
I have uninstalled Garmin Express now - and Zwift works fine. I've had 2 goes on it, including a 2hr 20min session this morning. Strangely addictive isn't it!

I agree - it is pretty addictive!

I've found that the other riders do spur you on - even if you are not riding with them. The workouts are good as well, if you are looking for something quite structured.

Bonno

Guru
Just trying out Zwift on my Bkool.... seems to be paired ok, but when riding there seems a delay before the speed on screen adjusts.
When I start riding speed don't show for a few seconds then very gradually rises, then same when upping the speed, when i come to a standstill it can still be showing 15mph or whatever then very slowly comes down to 0.
But when pairing the cadence/speed sensor on Zwift settings the results (cadence/speed) are in sync.
Any ideas or is this normal?

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
Just trying out Zwift on my Bkool.... seems to be paired ok, but when riding there seems a delay before the speed on screen adjusts.
When I start riding speed don't show for a few seconds then very gradually rises, then same when upping the speed, when i come to a standstill it can still be showing 15mph or whatever then very slowly comes down to 0.
But when pairing the cadence/speed sensor on Zwift settings the results (cadence/speed) are in sync.
Any ideas or is this normal?

Hi

There is a minimal delay when you adjust speed (up or down) but I would measure that as a second maybe max 2 seconds and certainly not a few seconds. It's not something I've measured accurately but I'll pay attention next time I'm on - most likely tomorrow night and hopefully remember to report back in here!!

Bonno

Guru
Hi

There is a minimal delay when you adjust speed (up or down) but I would measure that as a second maybe max 2 seconds and certainly not a few seconds. It's not something I've measured accurately but I'll pay attention next time I'm on - most likely tomorrow night and hopefully remember to report back in here!!

Hi ya, no this is an annoying few seconds, and a very slow increase/decrease... if i sprint it maybe 3 or 4 seconds before it shows any increase, then slowly goes up 1mph at a time!
May have to contact Zwift !
Thanks

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
Hi ya, no this is an annoying few seconds, and a very slow increase/decrease... if i sprint it maybe 3 or 4 seconds before it shows any increase, then slowly goes up 1mph at a time!
May have to contact Zwift !
Thanks

When I've contacted Zwift they have been relatively quick to reply and helpful too :okay:

Let us know how you get on.

Bonno

Guru
ok, tried Zwift again last week after the latest Bkool update and it's working a whole lot better! Still don't seem too accurate or precise but at least it goes and stops, so could be ok for a bit of fun.
Did eventually get a reply from Zwift telling me that basically Bkool's are not that accurate on Zwift anyway, and are waiting for Bkool to come up with a fix soon!

So, may sign up and see how it goes.... see you in Watopia! :okay:

AlanW

Guru
I had Zwift crash yesterday after doing 100.4 miles, and to say that I was upset would be a understatement!!!! Thankfully I managed to retrieve the ride data from the Zwift log that was in My Documents....phew. I had the trophy pop up when I reached the 100 mile mark, yet when I look in my profile it only says that I did 93.5 miles???? And no "100 mile jersey" has been unlocked.....WTF?

HERE

Needless to say I have mailed Zwift last night and included all the log reports plus a copy of the .fit file so fingers crossed it will be rectified and more importantly I'll get my "100 mile jersey"..

Not withstanding the two rear wheel tyre blow outs at 54 miles and 75 miles!!

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
I had Zwift crash yesterday after doing 100.4 miles, and to say that I was upset would be a understatement!!!! Thankfully I managed to retrieve the ride data from the Zwift log that was in My Documents....phew. I had the trophy pop up when I reached the 100 mile mark, yet when I look in my profile it only says that I did 93.5 miles???? And no "100 mile jersey" has been unlocked.....WTF?

HERE

Needless to say I have mailed Zwift last night and included all the log reports plus a copy of the .fit file so fingers crossed it will be rectified and more importantly I'll get my "100 mile jersey"..

Not withstanding the two rear wheel tyre blow outs at 54 miles and 75 miles!!

I'd be just a little miffed at that too although touch wood, I've not had Zwift crash on me so far!

PS The link above is set to private so it's not viewable :sad:

AlanW

Guru
PS The link above is set to private so it's not viewable :sad:

That's wierd, just checked and its set to public view?

Try this - HERE This is the .fit file that I manually added to Strava taken from the Zwift Log from My Documents. At least I got proof that I did it, but no segment times shown?

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
That's wierd, just checked and its set to public view?

Strange - it comes up with this screen

screen.png

Top Bottom