Zwift Chaingang/Weekly Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Gauge of interest lads and ladies for a weekly Zwift ride, I'd look at using a night or afternoon that isn't currently used for Team Cyclechat Bkool (Thursday + Saturday)

And something along the lines of

Name change: Addition of a "CC" tag to your name to allow easy grouping from the ride with menu on startup

Kit: Not everyone will have the basic kits unlocked (ie: the bumblebee stripe kit) so it would be preferable to use a kit available from an unlock code like the Global Cycling Network one (code:goGCN) others are available.

Direction: Can be changed weekly

Distance: Negotiable, but maybe neutralise the first 10mins or so.

Re-run: The bkool lads rerun their Tuesday ride on a saturday afternoon but in Zwift land it would be impossible as for example, the Tuesday night ride on Watopia can't be rerun on saturday at the course changes to Richmond World Champs

Thoughts?

Buck

Guru
Sounds interesting.

I can't guarantee a regular slot but have now got my Zwift set up 99% complete and up for the challenge

Name change and same jerseys is the way to go as well as a clear start/meet point; planned route (with the new watopia extension already tales of riders going different directions on a planned ride :smile:)

bobinski

Legendary Member
I would be interested. Something sociable or something racey? Either way we would have to agree settings. I think the default is supposed to be flattering.

Buck

Guru
Anybody thought about joining one of the Zwift run outs that they organise?

I did some of the BTW one last night at 7pm - 3 laps of Watopia at around 2.0-2.5w/kg - apart from the wrong turning it was a good ride!

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Anybody thought about joining one of the Zwift run outs that they organise?

I did some of the BTW one last night at 7pm - 3 laps of Watopia at around 2.0-2.5w/kg - apart from the wrong turning it was a good ride!
I get itchy feet sitting around waiting for most of the organised rides to start.

Ideally a CC ride(I totally forgot) would start 6:30 ish :okay: What say the masses?

Buck

Guru
Often that could be too early. Often I'm too late from home for the 7pm rides!!

Having said that, it depends on how long we think we'll ride for time wise as I or anybody who misses the start could always joint on lap 2 or 3?

Buck

Guru
@T.M.H.N.E.T do we want to start one this week?

On Thursday I should be available by 6:45 / 7:00? Would that work for you?

Who else can make this day/time?

I would be interested. Something sociable or something racey? Either way we would have to agree settings. I think the default is supposed to be flattering.

I would be up for it, I only dip my toes in Zwift now and again

I'd be interested in a Zwift race.

Top Bottom