Zwift Chaingang/Weekly Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
How do you guys find the resistance? I am on my second Tacx Vortex after the first one blew up. Both of them I have found the resistance far higher than for a given wattage compared to the watt bikes at the gym and also if going by speed, I need more effort to maintain a normal place. The effort required is about 20% higher.

I assume I could 'weight dope' to fix this, or do you have any other ideas?

Buck

Guru
@Milkfloat I find the resistance on my Vortex fine. I say fine as I can't compare to other trainers.

One thing I found out when using the workout mode is that the ERG mode will increase the resistance based on your current cadence so if you start pushing hard early then the trainer will over compensate and increase the resistance to an extreme ( in my experience, grinding me to an unexpected halt!). A couple of links: -

http://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/201869764-Erg-Mode-Explained

https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/204609316-ERG-MODE

I've been listening to the Zwift podcast recently. Don't think it will be long before the new group ride module will be released which will apparently make the organising of group rides a whole lot easier. Id love to join you guys on a group ride by my available dates are normally tuesday and thursday evenings at around 7:30.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I've been listening to the Zwift podcast recently. Don't think it will be long before the new group ride module will be released which will apparently make the organising of group rides a whole lot easier. Id love to join you guys on a group ride by my available dates are normally tuesday and thursday evenings at around 7:30.

What is the link to that?

Norry1

Legendary Member
Thanks. I seem to have an issue with iTunes where it locks up my PC when I search for something on the iTunes Store

Top Bottom