Zwift Chaingang/Weekly Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
Anyone done a metric hundred yet?

AlanW

Guru
My logic is that if you gonna do the metric 100 you may as go the whole hog and nail the imperial hundred as well, its only a "little" bit longer.....

Buck

Guru
Very true - I think this is a mind set one on the turbo trainer. Take it easy and pace yourself. For me, making sure I was in the right frame of mind to sit on the TT for say 5 hours or so is the main thing!

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I have the metric jersey. One thing I would do in future is join a group doing it also.

There were no races or big groups on new years day when I did it solo on the hilly watopia course. Fig8 is about 18miles so break that into 5 laps, makes the 100 seem easier to attain

AlanW

Guru
Very true - I think this is a mind set one on the turbo trainer. Take it easy and pace yourself. For me, making sure I was in the right frame of mind to sit on the TT for say 5 hours or so is the main thing!

Agreed, as you say its all about your head and nothing to do with the legs. You also need to have the time and not start clock watching coz as soon as you do its game over. I've done quite a few three hour sessions relatively easily, and I've found that once you get the first hour done, the rest is plain sailing.....;)

Garys73

I have tried numerous times to get my bkool trainer working on Zwift but just not happening - my bkool is brand new - tried the ant+ extension but does not seem to work according to all the available instructions

bobinski

Legendary Member
Have you gone do not settings, unticked auto and then let BSIM manually search for the turbo? If not you must do that to enable Anr+fec for Zwift.

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Yes I know the feeling, the 100km was mentally tough but I was a physical wreck at the end. Maybe attempt the 100 if I see a group ride doing it

Norry1

Legendary Member
Yes, I wished that I would have joined group ride now, I did my ride all solo......Billy No Mates.....:secret:

Trouble with that is you then need to ride at the speed of the group which may or may not work. If I did a ton, I'd be riding at around 1.9 w/kg for example.

Top Bottom