Zwift Chaingang/Weekly Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Is anyone thinking of giving this ago again? I am a bit new to Zwift (I played a bit whilst it was in beta, but had turbo problems).

Buck

Guru
Is anyone thinking of giving this ago again? I am a bit new to Zwift (I played a bit whilst it was in beta, but had turbo problems).

I could be! Are you thinking Thursday?

@T.M.H.N.E.T @Mr. P @bobinski @AlanW

Anybody else?

If we do we'll need to think of a better location to avoid the rush!

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I'll probably be on doing something(thursday), I've house views this week + working later.

Definitely be on tonight after 5 if anyone wants to join on me.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm thinking about it. Once I have the go-ahead to ride again, it will be on the turbo only. As I hate turbos, much preferring the road, I'll look at Zwift.

I have a basic Elite Mag turbo, which is compatible with the Zwift if used with my Garmin 705.

Anyone using Zwift with a basic turbo ? How do you find it.

Buck

Guru
I'm just in from work. Changed and ready for the SUB2 group ride on Zwift.

As @bobinski says we need to find another night - not Thursday's.

Edit: I thought I'd posted this at 7pm :rolleyes:

StevePurcell_SCC

Wednesday works for me most weeks, I work shifts

Stu Smith

Veteran
Anyone using Zwift with a basic turbo ? How do you find it.

Like yourself I much prefer to ride outdoors. But I have dabbled on Zwift,using a basic Turbo + Garmin cadence and speed sensor and heart rate monitor linked with Ant+ dongle...

It works fine but you have to be honest and disciplined with the Turbo resistance on the inclines, only fooling yourself if you cheat.
But it does make the Turbo more bearable

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Like yourself I much prefer to ride outdoors. But I have dabbled on Zwift,using a basic Turbo + Garmin cadence and speed sensor and heart rate monitor linked with Ant+ dongle...

It works fine but you have to be honest and disciplined with the Turbo resistance on the inclines, only fooling yourself if you cheat.
But it does make the Turbo more bearable

Does it prompt you to up the resistance on a climb. the Elite one i have has 5 settings and zwift says to set on 3. What gear would you use as with my old turbo, you changed to a bigger gear for more resistance.

I suppose i can try zwift for a month. I do hate turbos and kept my fitness by commuting but thats not going to happen now, so its turbo or MTB or gym mid week.

Stu Smith

Veteran
Does it prompt you to up the resistance on a climb. the Elite one i have has 5 settings and zwift says to set on 3. What gear would you use as with my old turbo, you changed to a bigger gear for more resistance.

I suppose i can try zwift for a month. I do hate turbos and kept my fitness by commuting but thats not going to happen now, so its turbo or MTB or gym mid week

It does not prompt you but you can see in the top right hand corner of the screen a route profile and where exactly you are so when I get to the climb I wack my turbo resistance up. I'm constantly changing gears to vary my speed and how hard I want to train..

Have a go like I said earlier it does make the turbo more bearable. See you on Zwift island.

bobinski

Legendary Member
There is SO much moaning on Zwift! I had to turn the music up to drown it out tonight. Ok, fortunately you cannot actually hear what they are saying but is there constantly scrolling. I must remember to turn it off next time.

Top Bottom