Zwift Chaingang/Weekly Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr. P

Regular
Gauge of interest lads and ladies for a weekly Zwift ride, I'd look at using a night or afternoon that isn't currently used for Team Cyclechat Bkool (Thursday + Saturday)

And something along the lines of

Name change: Addition of a "CC" tag to your name to allow easy grouping from the ride with menu on startup

Kit: Not everyone will have the basic kits unlocked (ie: the bumblebee stripe kit) so it would be preferable to use a kit available from an unlock code like the Global Cycling Network one (code:goGCN) others are available.

Direction: Can be changed weekly

Distance: Negotiable, but maybe neutralise the first 10mins or so.

Re-run: The bkool lads rerun their Tuesday ride on a saturday afternoon but in Zwift land it would be impossible as for example, the Tuesday night ride on Watopia can't be rerun on saturday at the course changes to Richmond World Champs

Thoughts?
Just out of interest, how do you use the unlock codes on Zwift ?

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Press P to bring up the promo code box then type the code in and hit enter. Change jersey by pressing T

www.titaniumgeek.com/cycling/zwift-promo-code-2/

Buck

Guru
OK. I'm taking my youngest to guitar lesson tomorrow night and I'll be home by 6:30 tomorrow night so can be on the bike by 6:45 if I get it set up before I leave etc.

Does 6:45pm for a few laps sound good?

Shall we copy the format that Zwift do on Facebook in terms of race set up?

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

Shall we go for the GCN jersey for tomorrow (code is GoGCN)

I had trouble changing my name to include the race letters this week. Do you have to change it then log out and back in again for it to work/register?
Yes to both.

Anyone stuck, scroll down the list of names as you login and select me ( C Bamber TMCC
Irish-flag-tiny.gif
) at 6:45.. Chances are I will be on and riding before this so don't join!!

---- Jerseys ----

In zwift press P then type "GoGCN" and hit enter. Press T and in the top left box of your rider, scroll down and put your new kit on :smile:

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Steve, is it just this Thursday or are they all bad for you?

We can look at a Wednesday next week perhaps? What other days do the BKool rides go out on?

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday though that is a rerun of Thursday's chain gang ride.

I was on Zwift tonight doing an easy ride to loosen up my troublesome right knee. A lot of the messages I saw reflected attempts to bring riders together and then the group together. So a meeting place seemed to be agreed, but not everyone could find it. Then an agreed rolling speed was set. Inevitably riders got dropped, or lost, especially
With the new turns! I wasn't paying sufficient attention to offer any advice and I Suppose these are obvious issues but just flagging them.

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday though that is a rerun of Thursday's chain gang ride.

I was on Zwift tonight doing an easy ride to loosen up my troublesome right knee. A lot of the messages I saw reflected attempts to bring riders together and then the group together. So a meeting place seemed to be agreed, but not everyone could find it. Then an agreed rolling speed was set. Inevitably riders got dropped, or lost, especially
With the new turns! I wasn't paying sufficient attention to offer any advice and I Suppose these are obvious issues but just flagging them.
I saw a few scrappy races too, might even have been the same ones. There are some that are military precise though, rough with the smooth

Rob_H

I won't make the start of this, I'll hopefully be logging on later so I'll keep a look out and may be able to join.

It might be worth agreeing a w/kg if the plan is to keep together. And also a race leader who people aim to stay with.

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

I'll take the lead since it was my idea. Tonight isnt a race but a "feeler" we can all see the level we're at and adjust accordingly in future.

Join on me if late.C Bamber TMCC

Top Bottom