Zwift Chaingang/Weekly Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buck

Guru
^true

I'm logged in and will wait around the 100m marker near the start

Buck

Guru
Saw you guys at the start........And that was the only time. :sad::bicycle:

Yes, there was @bobinski at the start too but there was that many people around the start, I don't think it was easy to see our "roll out" message.
We did one lap and then waited back at the start to see if you caught up (and it gave me chance of a breather!)

That was a bit of a nightmare with races going on at the same time. Over 1000 users!

I wonder if we should meet somewhere else next time that's less busy. I.e by the statue or end of sprint etc.

Still, a great ride.

Mr. P

Regular
Yes, there was @bobinski at the start too but there was that many people around the start, I don't think it was easy to see our "roll out" message.
We did one lap and then waited back at the start to see if you caught up (and it gave me chance of a breather!)

I wonder if we should meet somewhere else next time that's less busy. I.e by the statue or end of sprint etc.

Still, a great ride.
Probably best to start out slow so that everyone can be kept in sight, and then pick the pace up.

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I don't know where to go from here

bobinski

Legendary Member
I don't know where to go from here
lets see if there is an easier way to organise meeting and starting together. Isn't there an option when using the phone app at least to start/join a named or listed rider? And then just to message those we are friends with? so we could form a group, nominate one person, they go to start point and wait and at an agreed time we all join that rider? That may be exactly what you were doing tonight and if so, apologies!

Buck

Guru
Here's my 2p worth, reflecting on tonight: -

- at the start we should make sure we are each "following" those in the ride. This will allow private messages if necessary as well as group texting as the other rides do.

- the leader might have to do lots of comms initially to make sure the group is gathered and sets of broadly together

- start at a less busy location rather than the default start line

- first part of the ride should be at a lower power to allow the riders to group or catch up

- accept that there will be teething issues and we just work through them.

Any other thoughts?

Buck

Guru
lets see if there is an easier way to organise meeting and starting together. Isn't there an option when using the phone app at least to start/join a named or listed rider? And then just to message those we are friends with? so we could form a group, nominate one person, they go to start point and wait and at an agreed time we all join that rider? That may be exactly what you were doing tonight and if so, apologies!

I'm not sure if Zwift enables you to do this 'cleanly'. On the start ride screen you can select riders to join with but when I went on tonight I didn't see any names that I recognised so not sure how it selects those names - would be great if it prioritised those you followed?

bobinski

Legendary Member
I'm not sure if Zwift enables you to do this 'cleanly'. On the start ride screen you can select riders to join with but when I went on tonight I didn't see any names that I recognised so not sure how it selects those names - would be great if it prioritised those you followed?
I think it does in the phone app. Will have a look tomorrow.

AlanW

Guru
From my own experience the phone app on Android is a bit and miss to be honest. Sometimes I can use it with no problems at all, while other times it will not allow me to even log in??

As someone has already said it was very busy last night, over a 1000 people logged on at one point I think. I saw some of the messages floating around about this ride, but I also took after the wrong group.....doh!
A Weaver (Beacon RCC)

Top Bottom