Zwift - All things Zwift and more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Has anyone used one of those mini projectors you can get for £60 to £120 ? I have a big white garage door I could project onto. The garage isn't overly bright

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Has anyone used one of those mini projectors you can get for £60 to £120 ? I have a big white garage door I could project onto. The garage isn't overly bright
See a fair few paincave pics with projectors instead of large screens. No indication as to what make/model they are but they look handy

mythste

Veteran
Did lasty's (from GCN) "Load-Ups" workout last night.

:surrender:

Structured rides like that really are the way forward though. Whenever I've just "gone for a ride" around watopia or something I've always gone a bit hell for leather trying to chase people down or get PBs up the mountain :laugh:

Tommy2

Über Member
Sunday I did the KISS race, kind of, cadence sensor disconnected just before the start so I was 30secs down to start with, then I went like mad to catch up before I realised the first 4km was a warm up then 24km in everyone disappears and I'm thinking I must be in between the fast group and the slow group like no man's land, but my internet had actually dropped out because it's in the living room and I was in the kitchen so it ended up not recording the full ride!!!
Tonight I had my Garmin set to the wrong bike so that wasn't reading the spd/cdn for the first 5 mins til I switched it to the right bike, and had to cut the ride a little short with no cool down as my daughter is a bit ill had to urgently see to her and clean up some sick!!!!

What do you lot upload to your strava, the Zwift or Garmin data?
I want to have both but it obviously doubles the mileage and I can't bring myself to delete the Garmin data as it's always a structured workout I've done.

Doesn't seem to log zwift on my training peaks though???

mythste

Veteran
My flux FINALLY arrived last night! ^_^

Drafting makes a lot more sense! Ive been using the flow smart which seemed to take a few seconds to respond to changes in power, so getting the sweet spot to "sit in" behind someone was tricky without overshooting. Pleased to say thats no longer a problem.

It also appears the flow was under-reporting my power... Ego well and truly boosted and I'm officially a cat B zwifter :becool:

LiamW

Tried to do my 1st race last night Cat D so that I didn't embarrass myself....lol I embarrassed myself.

So much harder than I thought it would be, blowing out my arse 1 lap in.

:eek::eek::eek:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Tried to do my 1st race last night Cat D so that I didn't embarrass myself....lol I embarrassed myself.

Keep at it - you will improve. Most races start flat out, so you have to learn to do a 5 minute hard session then recover near your threshold. Good fun.

LiamW

Done my 2nd group run Cat D on Zwift, think it was the KISS event last night.

Dead last ....:laugh:

Started off well and died basically.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Done my 2nd group run Cat D on Zwift, think it was the KISS event last night.

Dead last ....:laugh:

Started off well and died basically.

Do you know your FTP and your w/kg?

CXRAndy

Guru

No matter what level you are, racing is hard. My last race was a killer where I had an average 170bpm heart rate and max'd at 178bpm. So pretty much on the max limit from the start till finish.

Keep training and racing and it will get easier, but only slightly^_^

LiamW

I'll have to log onto Zwift to get my last FTP result, but it was back in June* I believe.

I THINK it was a round 185, not that great to be honest.

*May 12th it was, might need to do a new one.

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
I'll have to log onto Zwift to get my last FTP result, but it was back in June* I believe.

I THINK it was a round 185, not that great to be honest.

*May 12th it was, might need to do a new one.

The reason I ask, is that you can get a good idea of how you will get on by comparing your watts/kg with the Race Category. So if your Watts/kg is say 1.9 - you will find it tough as the top riders in (D) will be around 2.5. Of course, it isn't as simple as that but does give an indication.

LiamW

How old are you, weight and how long have you been cycling?
Andy,
45 Gemini...sorry lol

45, recently dropped from 14s 11 down to 12s 4. Been cycling since my early 20s though the last few years I haven't done much due to a hip replacement, but new bike and a new outlook has me jumping in both feet and wanting to see how far I can push it.

Last edited:

LiamW

The reason I ask, is that you can get a good idea of how you will get on by comparing your watts/kg with the Race Category. So if your Watts/kg is say 1.9 - you will find it tough as the top riders in (D) will be around 2.5. Of course, it isn't as simple as that but does give an indication.
I kinda thought naively that I would be in around that, obviously it isn't as easy as that.

Top Bottom