Zwift - All things Zwift and more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tommy2

Über Member
I currently don't have any device to run zwift on, can anyone recommend the cheapest and smallest pc they know, or gas someone got one capable of running zwift that they don't need anymore?
I'm doing a lot of turbo sessions at the minute and sometimes I could do with a little bit of cycle related entertainment other than just watching old triathlon races.

Last edited:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I currently don't have any device to run swift on, can anyone recommend the cheapest and smallest pc they know, or gas someone got one capable of running swift that they don't need anymore?
I'm doing a lot of turbo sessions at the minute and sometimes I could do with a little bit of cycle related entertainment other than just watching old triathlon races.
Dell Optiplex can be had on auction sites for not much £ and upgraded a bit, second hand i- device, Alienware alpha,

Wait it out for AppleTV native zwift, which of them all is the budget and most compact option

Tommy2

Über Member
Screenshot_2017-02-26-22-23-28.png
Dell Optiplex can be had on auction sites for not much £ and upgraded a bit, second hand i- device, Alienware alpha,

Wait it out for AppleTV native zwift, which of them all is the budget and most compact option

Will this do it? I'm confused by the graphics card business

View attachment 339828

Will this do it? I'm confused by the graphics card business

With that spec, the graphics is integrated, the chip used is an Intel HD 4400. Zwift will run fine at lower resolution quite smoothly.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Did the zsun chain gang ride tonight, 45km at just over 3w/k average so not great but a stepping stone. HR 25bpm below max so hopefully more in the tank. Managed to stay with the leading pack for one lap before being spat out meaning a lonely ride for much of the ride.still, great fun despite the overwhelming fear I would be lappped when the leaders pulled 10m on me sondug deep and at the end it was about 6min. I really recommend the ride.

Tommy2

Über Member
Got my Zwift working!
laptop that I ran it on before has kindly been swapped/donated by a family member who doesn't use it at all.
Did my interval session last night with no particular route, it was the same as the first time I ent on it, a bit dubious about it but the after a while got immersed in in and it really helped focus on the intervals without making them feel tedious.

CXRAndy

Guru
Bloody hell, that was no zone2, especially the first lap, frenetic pacey club ride! lap 2 settled down to what it should of been and the 3rd was just a case of hanging on for grim death. Thanks Bob, just what i needed :okay: 56miles:wacko:

How do I find out the ride stats?

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bloody hell, that was no zone2, especially the first lap, frenetic pacey club ride! lap 2 settled down to what it should of been and the 3rd was just a case of hanging on for grim death. Thanks Bob, just what i needed :okay: 56miles:wacko:

How do I find out the ride stats?

:biggrin:
You on strava? Link your rides from the Zwift dashboard. You can also manually upload your fit file from your PC. It's in your zwift directory. Or, log onto Zwift and download it from there and put into any of the training programs.

There's a full PRL in a few weeks-11 times up box hill. 117 miles! I may start it and see how I get on. It is on Mothering Sunday though.

CXRAndy

Guru
Good luck with that one Bob :smile:. I found the fit file download and upload to my Garmin connect account. I suffered in loss of power on the last lap, more endurance work is in order. I can't wait for the weather to improve.

CXRAndy

Guru
Looking on Zwiftpower you can have teams for criterium races, with grouping ABCD cat riders-might be worth a look to see if there is a current league running or setup a team.?

Top Bottom