Zwift - All things Zwift and more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
Wow, cyclechat has some fast racers in Zwift!
At 54y and on a NEO I won't present much of a racing challenge to anyone really but having done some group rides feel the racing itch. I will try chaingang ride tonight to see if I can hold a pace and then look at a C category race and see what happens.
53 yrs and on a Neo here. That's not an obstacle so stick at it :okay:

Norry1

Legendary Member
3.2 w/kg is not too shabby :smile:

Proto

Legendary Member
I've done a couple of races, will do more in the next few weeks. The racing environment definitely makes me work much harder than just tootling around on my own.
Zwift tells me my FTP is 225w, so bang on 3w/kg, but I suspect I'm more of a D than a C rider. I've lost a couple of Kg but not updated my profile yet. I can lose a bit more, maybe another 2, and hopefully I can add a bit of power, but at 64 yo I'm never going to threaten the fast boys. :sad:

Using a Wahoo Kickr 1 but power figures come from a Quarq power meter.

PS did a PB on the Epic KOM yesterday, 30m something. Pleased with that.^_^

Question for a friend considering Zwift. Due to how his garage is set up at present he will need a USB extension lead between his laptop and smart trainer. Could any one tell me if there is a maximum working length for this lead beyond which it will not work? Cheers!

mythste

Veteran
I've done a couple of races, will do more in the next few weeks. The racing environment definitely makes me work much harder than just tootling around on my own.
Zwift tells me my FTP is 225w, so bang on 3w/kg, but I suspect I'm more of a D than a C rider. I've lost a couple of Kg but not updated my profile yet. I can lose a bit more, maybe another 2, and hopefully I can add a bit of power, but at 64 yo I'm never going to threaten the fast boys. :sad:

Using a Wahoo Kickr 1 but power figures come from a Quarq power meter.

PS did a PB on the Epic KOM yesterday, 30m something. Pleased with that.^_^

Don't forget Zwift will make you faster up hills if you update your weight! (but you'll have to put a bit more effort in down them!)

Gary E

Veteran
Question for a friend considering Zwift. Due to how his garage is set up at present he will need a USB extension lead between his laptop and smart trainer. Could any one tell me if there is a maximum working length for this lead beyond which it will not work? Cheers!
I had a 10m extension on mine (until I changed my set-up) but it was the Active Repeater type.

Last edited:
Mine is 3 metres... no problems. Beyond that I don't know.
Thanks for that I have a 2 metre cable and has worked well with my Bkool Pro in the past and latterly the Kickr Snap as well as picking up the Garmin speed and cadence sensors when I had to revert back to a classic trainer for a while. He will need three metres so that seems to be OK.

Thanks for that I have a 2 metre cable and has worked well with my Bkool Pro in the past and latterly the Kickr Snap as well as picking up the Garmin speed and cadence sensors when I had to revert back to a classic trainer for a while. He will need three metres so that seems to be OK.
I got this one....
https://www.amazon.co.uk/kenable-Su...ion+Cable+Type+A+Male+to+Female+BLACK+3m+Long

ryan_w

If you guys have a Mac or iPad, please buy the Wahoo Bluetooth sensors (HRM and cadence if you have a smart trainer).

They're so much better and convenient.

Love just sticking my iPad on the side and blasting a session out.

If you guys have a Mac or iPad, please buy the Wahoo Bluetooth sensors (HRM and cadence if you have a smart trainer).

They're so much better and convenient.

Love just sticking my iPad on the side and blasting a session out.
I pretty much use my iPad all the time since Zwift's IOS release. Occasionally when I forget to charge it I'll revert back to laptop and Ant+, but I have to say the Kickr Snap seems to have far fewer issues with IOS than with Ant+.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Get an Apple TV box and you can airplay mirror to a 65" tv like me ;)
Or wait and get an appletv4 when zwift becomes a native app. The 4 is important as 123 are streaming devices, 4 has a 32 or 64GB HDD

Thread below on the very subject, although Ive now became addicted to Asphalt8 and Real Racing 3.

The afterpulse (Shooter) gets played too

Top Bottom