Zwift - All things Zwift and more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
I cried, actually. I can't bring myself to turn the trainer % down

That won't make any differace, that only alters how quickly the gradient kicks in

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
That won't make any differace, that only alters how quickly the gradient kicks in
Trainer difficulty set to half way will make a 10% gradient feel like 5%, but lessens the number of gears required.

It's also needed to bring trainers like the vortex back in line with it's 7%/rider weight limit

Last edited:

Cb300

Hi I'm currently using the Bkool Pro on Zwift and thinking of getting the Tacx Neo . I've noticed some of you have made the same switch ,what are your thoughts and experiences going from Bkool Pro to Tacx Neo ? Cheers

bobinski

Legendary Member
If you look on Facebook Zwift you will see that different users have had different experiences. My experience is that bkool overstated my power on the flats by 30-50 watts, hugely overestimated on short sprints but is on a par with NEO on slightly underestimated power going up gradients of 5% of more. So, I am having to work harder to achieve similar speed on the flats, am some way off on sprints but actually posting PB's going up Watopia and box hill. So I would say, sprints aside, my pro unit is pretty close to the NEO in Zwift. The real difference is in feel and being able to get out of the saddle and knowing what you see on the screen now reflects your power.

Cb300

If you look on Facebook Zwift you will see that different users have had different experiences. My experience is that bkool overstated my power on the flats by 30-50 watts, hugely overestimated on short sprints but is on a par with NEO on slightly underestimated power going up gradients of 5% of more. So, I am having to work harder to achieve similar speed on the flats, am some way off on sprints but actually posting PB's going up Watopia and box hill. So I would say, sprints aside, my pro unit is pretty close to the NEO in Zwift. The real difference is in feel and being able to get out of the saddle and knowing what you see on the screen now reflects your power.
Thanks for the reply my Bkool does a pretty good job on Zwift but it can feel a bit unstable at times,horrendously loud when sprinting and I do get some wheel spin occasionally when out the saddle so was thinking of taking the plunge on a wheel off trainer and it looks like the Neo is king , but it's a big commitment financially !

Top Bottom