Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
Thanks!

Mine were:

JuhaL

Guru
It was a good battle @Del C , when you took off after the two laps I just did not have enough in the tank ,

Need to get my gears indexed as its sometimes jumping 2 cogs then I have to change again and feather the leaver , anybody got any tips please
What kind of groupset you have, di2 or or mechanical. Could be indexing issue but also hanger might be bit bend, you can also try adjust b-tension screw to have more tension to chain.

What kind of groupset you have, di2 or or mechanical. Could be indexing issue but also hanger might be bit bend, you can also try adjust b-tension screw to have more tension to chain.

It’s mechanical ultegra 6800 , I have tried adjusting with the barrel adjuster but only seamed to make it worse , I can not remember if I replaced the hanger when I swapped everything over , just replaced the chain, if I pull the drealiure back how much spring should there be to force it forward

bridgy

Legendary Member
It’s mechanical ultegra 6800 , I have tried adjusting with the barrel adjuster but only seamed to make it worse , I can not remember if I replaced the hanger when I swapped everything over , just replaced the chain, if I pull the drealiure back how much spring should there be to force it forward
There's some good, useful videos on youtube showing how to re-index your gears. This one is a bit old and a little cheesy but it's easy to follow - copy exactly what he does and you should be ok (unless it is a more complex issue) -

View: https://youtu.be/SkzvfCaIbyQ

Del C

Veteran
Wow that's impressive consistency. Confirming what I said earlier about me going off too hard, my lap times were:

It's quite an art to get the pacing right - clearly I haven't mastered it yet!
Thanks.

Your splits were impressively faster than mine! :laugh:

Actually a 22s range at that pace is pretty good!

JuhaL

Guru
When you adjust b-tension be sure that jockey wheels and chain doesn’t come too close of sprockets. If you adjust jockey wheels too far shifting problems occures immidiate. Better check your cables too if they are old. Like @bridgy said it could be complex too.

peterob

Veteran
Shame I missed last night's race. Looks like there were a few of missing due to holiday's etc, but hopefully we can do the stage on our own. With heavy hints being dropped that next week's stage will be a slog up the alpe, I'd better try and get a good time for the TT.

Stage 7 results below. Amazingly @Whorty and @mjd1988 end up with the exact same time :ohmy:.
Stage7.png

Overall league updated - 1 more stage to go!
HH.png

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Shame I missed last night's race. Looks like there were a few of missing due to holiday's etc, but hopefully we can do the stage on our own. With heavy hints being dropped that week's stage will be a slog up the alpe, I'd better try and get a good time for the TT.

Stage 7 results below. Amazingly @Whorty and @mjd1988 end up with the exact same time :ohmy:.
View attachment 458687

Overall league updated - 1 more stage to go!
View attachment 458688
Ooh looks like you definitely need to have a go at stage 2 @berty bassett - there's just under 5 minutes between us overall, which just happens to be pretty much exactly the time difference between us on stage 2 because of you being given the slowest time. Having said that, if we do the Alpe for the last stage you're in the driving seat anyway based on how you were climbing the other day!

With regards doing the Alpe next week, the shortest route I can choose that goes up there is Road to Sky, which will take between one hour and 1:20. Add the descent which is about 9-10 minutes and you're looking at a total ride time of between 1:15 and 1:30 for most of us. So, the question is, will people be up for an hour and a half ride starting at 7pm on a Thursday? I'm up for it if you are? (But I can't commit to starting any earlier than 7pm)

peterob

Veteran
Ooh looks like you definitely need to have a go at stage 2 @berty bassett - there's just under 5 minutes between us overall, which just happens to be pretty much exactly the time difference between us on stage 2 because of you being given the slowest time. Having said that, if we do the Alpe for the last stage you're in the driving seat anyway based on how you were climbing the other day!

With regards doing the Alpe next week, the shortest route I can choose that goes up there is Road to Sky, which will take between one hour and 1:20. Add the descent which is about 9-10 minutes and you're looking at a total ride time of between 1:15 and 1:30 for most of us. So, the question is, will people be up for an hour and a half ride starting at 7pm on a Thursday? I'm up for it if you are? (But I can't commit to starting any earlier than 7pm)
Thursday's at 7pm aren't always the best for me but i'll try and make it next week :smile:

bridgy

Legendary Member
@berty bassett if you do want to try and catch up with stage 2 the route is 4 laps of Gotham Grind in New York. It was originally a H&H race but I missed that so ended up doing a 2 lap race and carried on for two more solo laps. So unless you can find a 4 lap Gotham Grind race to join you may have to do similar. The distance is 37km.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
@berty bassett if you do want to try and catch up with stage 2 the route is 4 laps of Gotham Grind in New York. It was originally a H&H race but I missed that so ended up doing a 2 lap race and carried on for two more solo laps. So unless you can find a 4 lap Gotham Grind race to join you may have to do similar. The distance is 37km.
I will try a catch up - but not today - I am being brutalised by the welsh hills

bridgy

Legendary Member
@Norry1 I used my Elemnt Bolt last night to see average power - was as easy as you suggested it would be and I don't know why I never thought of it before! I still didn't manage to pace it very well but it was still useful info to have. Only downside was having to delete the duplicate ride data that it automatically uploads to strava but that's not a big issue (and I can probably disable this is the setting anyway if it was).

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Ah borrox. The things we do for family. Youngest brother has been suffering with ankle problems all week and can't drive. Guess who's got school run duty :cursing:. Asks me just as I'm completing my warm up for my last foundation workout :banghead:

Top Bottom