Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Oh, OK well so did I really (becuase of the confusion and my massive detour) so we could just use the climb if you prefer - I don't know if Lee will complain that he used lots of energy on the lead in, but he still did a very good time up the climb anyway!

If you're OK with that @berty bassett then we'll agree to just use the "Alpe Du Zwift (Zwift Insider Verified)" segment which is the main climb only - so bear this in mind anyone doing this stage separately.

If we just use the climb, times are:

Lee: 49:43
Adam: 51:16
Paul: 54:07
@peterob 57:51 for me please :okay:

New PB on the Alpe climb tonight, knocking a whole 25 seconds off my previous best :wahhey: Average 250 watts for the climb, quite pleased with that. Legs felt OK for the most part. HRM conked out again half way up so had to stop and unconnect it, which lost me a bit of time (again :banghead: ) - will i never learn?!? :crazy: Next target will be sub 57 mins :training:

peterob

Veteran
Nah, it's fine, lets's go with just the climb then. Considering how I felt I was quite pleased with my effort even if it was a bit below par for me - but that I think is mostly down to how I'm feeling at the moment rather than the long detour itself.

@peterob could you update the league when you get a moment - the time we are using if anyone else wants to do it before next Thursday is just the Alpe climb so "Alpe Du Zwift (Zwift Insider Verified)" segment on Strava. Completed times so far:
Lee: 49:43
Adam: 51:16
Paul: 54:07

Muchos kudos to those that have conquered the Alpe this week. I can't see myself tackling it whilst the weather shows signs of being a Summer.

A strong performance by the whippet on favoured terrain sees him climb to the summit of the CC league!

JuneLeague.png

JuhaL

Guru
Zwift is released new tt-mode . I don't know what difference it takes if game release riders at a same time or every 1sec individualy because there is no drafting anyway. I guess it more fun somehow :unsure:.

Whorty

Zwift is released new tt-mode . I don't know what difference it takes if game release riders at a same time or every 1sec individualy because there is no drafting anyway. I guess it more fun somehow :unsure:.
Looks good. Seems you can choose any bike now (rather than be forced to only use the Zwift TT bike). For small events this will work a treat, for very large events though it could be a challenge if you're left in the pen for ages. But I guess time will tell and they'll tweak it as needed.

I may see if there is a TT later today I can try out.

Edit : Just signed up to the 17:00 TT race on Tempus Fugit if anyone fancies joining me.

Last edited:

JuhaL

Guru
Shane Miller have now live stream and it gives a good picture how this tt-mode work. It seems that every rider will release every 30sec.

Milzy

Guru
@peterob 57:51 for me please :okay:

New PB on the Alpe climb tonight, knocking a whole 25 seconds off my previous best :wahhey: Average 250 watts for the climb, quite pleased with that. Legs felt OK for the most part. HRM conked out again half way up so had to stop and unconnect it, which lost me a bit of time (again :banghead: ) - will i never learn?!? :crazy: Next target will be sub 57 mins :training:
Hmmmm not bad at all!
:bicycle:

Whorty

No riding now for me today. HID has an emergency and waiting for help (thankfully they're coming to us as don't fancy a schlep to A&E!). All being well will try out the new TT mode tomorrow now - extra day's rest may help with my time :whistle:

Beautiful day outside - I bet a lot of you fellas are enjoying a pootle in the sun :sun:

No riding now for me today. HID has an emergency and waiting for help (thankfully they're coming to us as don't fancy a schlep to A&E!). All being well will try out the new TT mode tomorrow now - extra day's rest may help with my time :whistle:

Beautiful day outside - I bet a lot of you fellas are enjoying a pootle in the sun :sun:

Rain in Sitka but no rain in BKOOL

Attachments

• CFFF9E65-6E30-46A2-8196-86FCDEBBDDD0.png
    CFFF9E65-6E30-46A2-8196-86FCDEBBDDD0.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 655E5A42-9387-4AA9-AE5C-3A6D0593BE13.jpeg
    655E5A42-9387-4AA9-AE5C-3A6D0593BE13.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 11

JuhaL

Guru

Little bit windy in here today so i decided Zwift today. I did 2-laps on volcano flat and 1 full lap on Tempus Fugit where test my latest wheelset in Zwift garage (ZIPP808/Super9). I did couple u-turns when i noticed that someone coming faster from behind so i did u-turn before he overtake me and i did new u-turn almost immediate after that rider was already gone :biggrin:.

bridgy

Legendary Member

Hope all ok for your wife mate - sounds nasty :headshake:

Well done for your Alpe du Zwift time though - great work!!

Whorty

Hope all ok for your wife mate - sounds nasty :headshake:

Well done for your Alpe du Zwift time though - great work!!
Thanks Paul. Should be OK once emergency guys get here. Still waiting.

Re the Alpe ... yes, really pleased with my time although I think the PB was as much to do with me being lighter now as much as anything else. It's amazing how much better I am now I'm not so much a fatty :wacko:

Top Bottom