Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Another ride using cycle.travel to make route - so easy to use and spot on for quiet roads - well worth using if you don’t know the area - not one issue

Is it PC based?

edit-Lee, just tried a couple of local routes and it worked very well in picking the most quiet back lanes:okay:

Last edited:
Another ride using cycle.travel to make route - so easy to use and spot on for quiet roads - well worth using if you don’t know the area - not one issue
That would be good advice but I wonder now that you planed a 30 mile ride and it threw in an extra zero.
Or another theory for that ride is you said I want to go to Scotland but found the train schedule just too inconvenient so you said screw it I'll ride my bike.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I can't do Thursday this week - in fact the only night I can do is tomorrow (Tuesday). So unless anyone has any objections, I'll set up a meet-up for 7pm tomorrow night, and as usual, if you can't make it you can set up your own meet up or do it solo.

I'm thinking of doing a TT on the Watopia flat route. The route itself is only 10.2km long so I'm thinking of setting the distance to 31km in the hope this will cover 3 laps with a bit to spare - and we can use a strava segment for three laps for our timing. I will try and do a practice recce tonight to check the distance and strava segment so we're all clear what we're doing.

This will be a TT-bike only stage so you can do it solo on a TT bike any time if you want

bridgy

Legendary Member
OK, so I did a practice run last night and it's really straightforward. The route is "Watopia Flat Route", and the timing will be for 3 laps, for which there is a handy Strava segment already.

TT BIKES ONLY.

When I did it last night, 31km (including the short lead-in from where I spawned) was enough to complete three laps but I will set up the meet-up for 32km just to be safe. But the start/finish banner that you pass through is really obvious so you'll know when you have started and completed each lap.

For info, it took me just over 50 minutes last night at 218w average.

See you there later if you can make it....

Del C

Veteran
OK, so I did a practice run last night and it's really straightforward. The route is "Watopia Flat Route", and the timing will be for 3 laps, for which there is a handy Strava segment already.

TT BIKES ONLY.

When I did it last night, 31km (including the short lead-in from where I spawned) was enough to complete three laps but I will set up the meet-up for 32km just to be safe. But the start/finish banner that you pass through is really obvious so you'll know when you have started and completed each lap.

I'm in!

Thanks for setting up Paul!

peterob

Veteran

TT BIKES ONLY.

Cheers for arranging @bridgy :okay:

Not sure if I'll be able to make it yet. It's been ages since I've been on a CC group race so would really like to do it if I can (particularly as it's flat!)

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Cheers for arranging @bridgy :okay:

Not sure if I'll be able to make it yet. It's been ages since I've been on a CC group race so would really like to do it if I can (particularly as it's flat!)

Too hot for me at the moment. 28-30 degrees outside here now, which probably would equal at least 30 in the shed. I did a race last night at 7PM at 25-26 degrees in the shed and overcooked way to fast. :sweat:
Stupidly I had set the fan to swing instead of "locked on target", meaning I only got a semi-cold breeze every 5 seconds. :banghead:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
No appetite for it this week I’m afraid Bridgy. We fly out Saturday and I think I’m best to just chill out this week. But be prepared for a boat load of pictures of myself and @berty bassett in various states of exhaustion over the following week. I’m about to find out if I’ve done enough work over the last couple of months to survive 7 days in the alps... :huh:.

And when we come back (assuming we come back!) we can start making plans for next years trip. To which you’re all invited of course. The plan is a team cyclechat attack on mont ventoux. Probably a long weekend in either late May June or July. Depending on what works best. So hopefully you guys take a look at some of the pics we’ll put up of our alps trip in the meet-ups thread. Mull it over. And think about joining us next year :hugs:

Top Bottom