Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ryan lawman

Über Member
What smart trainer are you using?
Bkool some say they show to many watts some say the are ok ..

Ryan lawman

Über Member
Not a stellar reputation for accuracy but you have done some other tests so you should have a good idea. Interesting to see how a power meter compares though. What are you looking at?
I was going to go for Garmin pedels so I can switch from bike to bike . But I can imagin them being s... on a mtb . So I might go for stages or I think there is cheaper one 4iii think its called supposed to be good too .

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
That is why I ride at 2 kg over my weight on zwift hoping it will level out maybe 20 watt but 30-80 is a lot .

It varies across the range of rider weight. I've done a fair bit of comparison with my Kickr versus Bkool Pro, I had free use of both at the same time. Bob has a fair bit of knowledge of the Bkool on Zwift then buying a Neo. Recently Paul(Bridgy) did a race or two on the Bkool and then had the opportunity to use another trainer from Monte, Tacx Neo. His average for the same course was 40 Watts lower. We can go along for hours about the Bkool. It sometimes works very well, but it's unreliable in being consistent with power reading.

You are trying to mitigate the Bkools failings by altering your weight. LBHIFI, has said his Bkool performs very well as a resistance unit when Zwift uses a separate Power Meter.

uclown2002

Guru
I was going to go for Garmin pedels so I can switch from bike to bike . But I can imagin them being s... on a mtb . So I might go for stages or I think there is cheaper one 4iii think its called supposed to be good too .
Stages is one of the most inaccurate, and only reads from left crank. I've had Stages and Assioma Duo pedals and currently using P1 set, but can understand concern if on mtb.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It varies across the range of rider weight. I've done a fair bit of comparison with my Kickr versus Bkool Pro, I had free use of both at the same time. Bob has a fair bit of knowledge of the Bkool on Zwift then buying a Neo. Recently Paul(Bridgy) did a race or two on the Bkool and then had the opportunity to use another trainer from Monte, Tacx Neo. His average for the same course was 40 Watts lower. We can go along for hours about the Bkool. It sometimes works very well, but it's unreliable in being consistent with power reading.

You are trying to mitigate the Bkools failings by altering your weight. LBHIFI, has said his Bkool performs very well as a resistance unit when Zwift uses a separate Power Meter.
There was a thread on FB thus week with a couple of people noting that their kickr was under reporting power compared to their power meters. So much so that with PM would place the rider high in B but with his kickr he was having to race C

If I recall another rider was seeing the same, whilst a third was ok.

I have a end of season fitness test at the weekend with my team . And I am hoping to max out at 380 . I have been using a trainings plan this year ( from a team mate who is school sport teacher in Hannover and as done the RATA RAG and wants to do RAAM alone )to work on endurance and it seems to be working .. Hope I am not boring people writing so much today but I am having a sofa day after yesterday . And I am boared lol
I have a coworker who has won her class in RAAM and one called the furnace 508. I've been trying to get her on Bkool but no luck so far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom