Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bloody hell Lee:notworthy:

Yeah, but he probably used his Pro! We will have to have photographic evidence of what trainer he is using on these rides:tongue:

Lee, only kidding. You are as, err, straight as they come:okay: that is a simply amazing time. Some of the faster ones are suspicious for all sorts of reasons but yours is solid mate. Well done!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
wasnt to sure where the segment was so i took it easy going up the easy side of the mountain and gave it all i could from the turn to the tower
stood up mashing trying to keep heart rate below 170 - can't do it any faster
no power ups
made mistake of having wilier on turbo with the 38 ring instead of 34
but it may have helped

Norry1

Legendary Member
I'm not fully up to speed with this, but is the plan to identify a few specific segments and put some rules in place, and then we just have a go at the segments in our own time?

Would it work if anyone who made an attempt just posted a screenshot of the update Cyclechat leaderboard from Strava into the new trhead?

That is the kind of thing I had in mind. Of course it won't differentiate between races and normal riding.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Yeah, but he probably used his Pro! We will have to have photographic evidence of what trainer he is using on these rides:tongue:

Lee, only kidding. You are as, err, straight as they come:okay: that is a simply amazing time. Some of the faster ones are suspicious for all sorts of reasons but yours is solid mate. Well done!
I know they can Bob, but when working properly bkool pro's don't necessarily give you super powers on Zwift - despite 12 attempts so far nearly always in races, my fastest time up Box Hill was set on carlo's neo for example.

Just saying to apply some balance!

bobinski

Legendary Member
I know they can Bob, but when working properly bkool pro's don't necessarily give you super powers on Zwift - despite 12 attempts so far nearly always in races, my fastest time up Box Hill was set on carlo's neo for example.

I know Paul and we all know how strong a rider you are. The exception that proves the rule perhaps?
I had a chat with another strong zsun rider Today and he said “
Hi Wobble. Really weird if I am honest, some days the BKool seems bang on to the Stages, other days it is ridiculous how easy it is to push the Watts. I have the stages so that I can have consistent power between inside/outside and all my bikes. I say as long as you are comparing apples with apples the absolute figure is secondary. If I see a gain on my Stages I know it is a true gain, same couldn’t be said for my BKool.”
Upshot is you and Whorty have a feel for when bkool is clearly giving you a boost and when you think it’s ok then it’s probably as accurate as most. So Lets all proceed on that basis and all bkool users can decide if the watts don’t seem right.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
You could have the major segments like whole loops either with some under race or solo attempts. Smaller segments and eventually sprint segments. There are thousands of segments so most will be disregarded.

bobinski

Legendary Member
You could have the major segments like whole loops either with some under race or solo attempts. Smaller segments and eventually sprint segments. There are thousands of segments so most will be disregarded.

Does it matter if they are race attempts or not? I ask because on heavy use days especially on flat courses you can catch a draft if you are racing or not. Also, what about if you use the option to choose which maps to ride and so do a segment on a much less busy course? I don’t care of people set their best times when racing.

Ryan lawman

Über Member
What time on Sunday is that Ryan?
The Brt one ride starts at 9.30am German time so 8.30 uk time . Just hope they can get me in as leader for Sunday because I am just standing in for someone .

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Does it matter if they are race attempts or not? I ask because on heavy use days especially on flat courses you can catch a draft if you are racing or not. Also, what about if you use the option to choose which maps to ride and so do a segment on a much less busy course? I don’t care of people set their best times when racing.

I suppose it really wouldn't matter, like Norry suggests, we could have a header post with the loops listed and the best time from each person who posts in the thread, they could post their segmi from Strava.
Too many segments, it will become very cluttered and quite difficult to update.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Bridgy I have a feeling sometimes the BKOOL pro under reads watts too. It must do right? If it over reads them sometimes, and sometimes gets them right on the money.

I just think it means any time on a pro has an asterix next to it, even if it’s a small one. Because you can never be 100% sure. So there has to be a question mark of sorts. Your best time might even be better than it is on the board! It’s not a big deal at all to me. I know how strong you are, I know how strong Whorty is, as we’ve all rode together in real life.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Completely agree :okay: When they are out, it is so obvious as my time up the KoM (that I deleted) shows. What the pros do do, is over egg the watts, but I'm still not convinced they over egg the speed that much (if at all). Rob said the same recently, comparing his Pro to his new Neo - watts higher on the pro, but speed no different - on Zwift..... clearly on BSIM the other trainers do suffer more.

Whorty

I know Paul and we all know how strong a rider you are. The exception that proves the rule perhaps?
I had a chat with another strong zsun rider Today and he said “
Hi Wobble. Really weird if I am honest, some days the BKool seems bang on to the Stages, other days it is ridiculous how easy it is to push the Watts. I have the stages so that I can have consistent power between inside/outside and all my bikes. I say as long as you are comparing apples with apples the absolute figure is secondary. If I see a gain on my Stages I know it is a true gain, same couldn’t be said for my BKool.”
Upshot is you and Whorty have a feel for when bkool is clearly giving you a boost and when you think it’s ok then it’s probably as accurate as most. So Lets all proceed on that basis and all bkool users can decide if the watts don’t seem right.
Your mate is right - it is obvious when the Pro is out - like the time I was pushing 1000 watts :eek: or cruising at 450 watts with not much effort. Exceptions thankfully, and can be spotted when it happens. Most times it is a hard graft - other day it was like riding through treacle for e.g.

Whorty

Regarding the challenges I think every time has to count, be it race or solo. I just can’t see another way. The times the time. Even if you hang onto a pro riders tail the whole way up a hill you still would of killed yourself doing it!
I tried to hang on to Bosson hagan the other week ..... didn't help me for the 2 seconds i managed it :banghead:

Top Bottom