Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Held of buying gym equipment. Lockdown was ridiculous for buying weights. My whole dumbbells set were cheaper than one pair during lockdown prices. Prices are normalising now
Yeah, I've got the lot - weights, dumbbells, bars and whatnot - all bought before the lockdowns. Never got a squat rack though so just need to find that - well, not necessarily need, but would be convenient.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It's entertainment + being part of a Team :becool: That's about it really.
This is 100% it for me :cheers:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Yeah, I've got the lot - weights, dumbbells, bars and whatnot - all bought before the lockdowns. Never got a squat rack though so just need to find that - well, not necessarily need, but would be convenient.

If solo training, especially heavy then a squat rack is a very good safety idea.

BurningLegs

Veteran
How did the ton go?

It was good, thanks. I did 111 miles/179km with plenty of climbing. It went well but it was a slog from approx 150km onwards! I feel like it’s a box ticked and pleased to have done it but haven’t come away itching to do another one soon or to do anything longer. I could be tempted to do the same event next year though, now that I’ve set a baseline 🙂

My four year old and I both enjoyed him hosing me down in the garden afterwards 🤣

13 rider

Guru
I can confirm after doing a ton today doing a zwift race the evening before is NOT ideal preparation

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Hi Guys
I'm thinking of organising a bike tour next year with some of my cycling mates.
I know many of you have been on a few (@bobinski @Whorty @CXRAndy) and I'm looking for recommendations from you and the best time of year you think would be best to go.
Thanks in advance

Do you guys like mountains or flatter terrain?

I've been to Ventoux, Alpe du Huez, London to Paris, (3 day). Tenerife and Gran Canaria.

France, I would say May into early June.

Then there is southernainland Spain and Mallorca

Canaries, pretty much any time in winter Sept-March. The guys in Tenerife do organised weekly tours, either road or now offer gravel events too (Carl plus others can chip in)

I fancy if I ever get the chance London to Barcelona through France (3 week tour)

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I expect to be categorised as a C on Zwiftpower in September but expect to continue putting out B numbers so would choose to sit on the bench in B 😝

Is the correct answer! 😄

Though regarding the “sitting on the bench” bit. If you have the time and inclination to stick the work in I’d have to disagree with that!

In this small little pond of ours… In my humble opinion, you’re only behind Berty as the strongest climber I’ve personally ever raced against around here. No disrespect to anyone else, it is only my opinion… and there are lots of other guys who are good climbers. But you two really stick in my mind as the ones who could dance away up a hill in the right circumstances.

@Peter Salt, I can’t be arsed to come off like a sanctimonious old prick every day of the week! But this is the quote I was picking up on really bud:

“That's 6 riders at pretty much cat limit (or sandbagging above it). We'll show Div 1 what CCC can do”.

Now I guess I’ve just heard too many people preach high principles when it comes to other people, and then think different principles apply to themselves. I’m not saying thats you, but if it’s ‘all about the team’, then maybe other teams deserve the same. Thats just the way I see things anyway… I can’t be arsed pretending to be some kind of moral compass, because I just do what I feel is right. So you guys can do what you feel is right. And that’s that really.

Regarding the difference between B & C. From what the guys in C have said on here over the last few years. They feel the sandbagging is more compounded in C than B by the fact there are more divisions above C. So by definition there’s more people in those divisions to sh!t on C cat riders by joining their races when they should be in a higher division.

Happy Sunday folks!

BurningLegs

Veteran
Is the correct answer! 😄

Though regarding the “sitting on the bench” bit. If you have the time and inclination to stick the work in I’d have to disagree with that!

In this small little pond of ours… In my humble opinion, you’re only behind Berty as the strongest climber I’ve personally ever raced against around here. No disrespect to anyone else, it is only my opinion… and there are lots of other guys who are good climbers. But you two really stick in my mind as the ones who could dance away up a hill in the right circumstances.

@Peter Salt, I can’t be arsed to come off like a sanctimonious old prick every day of the week! But this is the quote I was picking up on really bud:

“That's 6 riders at pretty much cat limit (or sandbagging above it). We'll show Div 1 what CCC can do”.

Now I guess I’ve just heard too many people preach high principles when it comes to other people, and then think different principles apply to themselves. I’m not saying thats you, but if it’s ‘all about the team’, then maybe other teams deserve the same. Thats just the way I see things anyway… I can’t be arsed pretending to be some kind of moral compass, because I just do what I feel is right. So you guys can do what you feel is right. And that’s that really.

Regarding the difference between B & C. From what the guys in C have said on here over the last few years. They feel the sandbagging is more compounded in C than B by the fact there are more divisions above C. So by definition there’s more people in those divisions to sh!t on C cat riders by joining their races when they should be in a higher division.

Happy Sunday folks!

Very generous of you to say so on my climbing 🙂 I don’t think it’s coming back to that level again by September though.

My power curve is surprising me at the moment, I’m getting all time records for short sprint intervals of upto 1 minute but still quite down on the longer efforts needed for climbing. Not to mention I’m about 5KG heavier than I was when at my best!

Hi Guys
I'm thinking of organising a bike tour next year with some of my cycling mates.
I know many of you have been on a few (@bobinski @Whorty @CXRAndy) and I'm looking for recommendations from you and the best time of year you think would be best to go.
Thanks in advance

https://kcibr.org/

This part of the Yukon/ Alaska is incredible. And if you line it up for this race you could kick butt.
The best 3 week tour I’ve had ( other than the 2 in the UK obviously) was Toronto Canada to Nova Scotia.

kipster

Guru
Do you guys like mountains or flatter terrain?

I've been to Ventoux, Alpe du Huez, London to Paris, (3 day). Tenerife and Gran Canaria.

France, I would say May into early June.

Then there is southernainland Spain and Mallorca

Canaries, pretty much any time in winter Sept-March. The guys in Tenerife do organised weekly tours, either road or now offer gravel events too (Carl plus others can chip in)

I fancy if I ever get the chance London to Barcelona through France (3 week tour)

I'm doing Caen to Santander, 8 days, starting next Sunday. We're cheating in that we've got a support van to carry stuff. 7 X 100 miles days plus a short day 8 to get to the ferry on time.

Weather forecast looks 👌

Ferry and hotel costs come in at about £500 each, plus spending morning for food.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I'm doing Caen to Santander, 8 days, starting next Sunday. We're cheating in that we've got a support van to carry stuff. 7 X 100 miles days plus a short day 8 to get to the ferry on time.

Weather forecast looks 👌

Ferry and hotel costs come in at about £500 each, plus spending morning for food.

Very envious kipster :okay:. Nothing wrong with supported trips. Takes a big load off worry for newcomers to multi day riding.

Post some pictures of the route, roads, views and eateries you stop at. Also the smiling riders :okay::okay:

Top Bottom