Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Feeling a bit knackered after a weekend of hardcore gardening so it’s probably not the best time to do the ZA Finish Line ride tonight, but it’s my last chance because I really don’t feel like getting up before 5am again to do it before it goes offline…
Titans Grove KOM: 1:37 -> 1:30 (537W)
Sprint: 23.5 -> 22.8 (855W)
Volcano Climb: 8:22 -> 7:59 (318W)

I got a season's best 60s power at 610W, so I'm definitely feeling as if things are on the up. The longer power efforts need a bit of work - I think I've lost all of the benefit of my 'Summer of Gorby'!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Anyone fancy this? https://withoutborders.online/index.php/without-borders-racing/

Real life prizes which is always fun.

I wish the races were a bit earlier on the Friday evenings but I might give it a go

BurningLegs

Veteran
New C2W bike day for me (Scott Addict 40):
26A3830E-A1C6-4E65-8377-11FB0329A9C1.jpeg

This will be an out and out road bike, with my CaadX now doing everything else. It will get a CX chainset back on it for off roading (so I can hopefully do more CX races), and panniers to commute. It will still spend most of its life on the turbo, though!

My first carbon bike, and I do feel a little guilty about it but looking forward to plenty of rides on it :smile:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Good to see @Norry1 back in the saddle on strava

Cheers mate. Seems like a long time out.

Physio cleared me yesterday to get back on the static bike (aka turbo). I did a 15 minute Pace Partner session at 1.1 w/kg ^_^

No adverse reaction yet (the 6 minute recumbent bike sessions I did a couple of weeks ago aggravated the joint so I had to dtop them).

Will slowly up the time and intensity now.

bridgy

Legendary Member

kipster

Guru
Interesting. My first question would be why they haven't sued Jet Black manufacturer back when that trainer was launched originally, almost two years ago I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, the Zwift Hub is just a rebrand of the same product, right?

Because they weren't a threat, but by pairing up with zwift they are now which is why the legal case is against both zwift and jet black.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Interesting. My first question would be why they haven't sued Jet Black manufacturer back when that trainer was launched originally, almost two years ago I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, the Zwift Hub is just a rebrand of the same product, right?

Maybe Jet Black wasn't much of a threat to their business model having not yet bought RGT?
But as soon as they teamed up with Zwift and Wahoo bought RGT, it became Apple vs Samsung.

Or, cynically, because Zwift has money?

bridgy

Legendary Member
So how did it go for Team CCC last night in the ZRL?

A really solid team performance for the Splitters B team with everyone scoring well, put us 3rd on the night - we were actualy equal with the 2nd placed team but were placed 3rd because tehy beat us by just 3 points on finishing points.

I think we're assured 2nd place in the league now - we still have an outside chance of winning as we're only 5 points off top spot but it would need a bit of a collapse in form from the first placed team for that to happen to be honest!

My race went OK - I got 4th FAL and FTS on Titans Grove, 8th FAL and 5th FTS in the sprint, and 11th at the finish. It was the Volcano climb finish that I was slightly disappointed with - I was 7 watts and 6 seconds off my PR on it which I did only 10 days ago. I was targeting FAL and FTS points there but finishing 11th meant I missed out on those - if I'd matched my time from a few days ago I'd have jumped up to 5th or 6th which I'd have been much happier with! But racing those earlier segments meant that was all I had left for the climb.

Video of the race here (bit wierd as had to do it from fan view this time while riding the actual race on ATV)

View: https://youtu.be/i37MuY-JulM

steverob

Guru
Fourth place overall for CCC, which also happens to keep us in fourth in the league table. More importantly we beat both the teams directly ahead and behind of us in the league giving us breathing room for the final race.

Carl 2nd and Alex 5th on both FAL and FTS on Titans, with Alex also taking 8th on the Volcano and the finish.

Top Bottom