Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Just did a group workout on Zwift and the rubberbanding was truly horrific! I’ve done 3 of the ZA workouts as group activities and the previous two had been okay, but the group dynamic was really odd this morning: we were spread out across the width of the road at all times (with occasional lateral position changes), and yoyoing between 15-25kph constantly. Because our speed was changing, the interval arches kept moving back and forth on the road, and because we were all alongside each other, the rider list on the RHS of the screen was just a constant flicker.

I ended up riding with my eyes closed and listening to the radio!

From now on, I’ll give the group workouts a miss, especially since they’re available as individual workouts to do whenever you like.

On a similar subject, I’m trying to persuade my brother to do a synched ramp test with me. Being roughly the same height and weight, if we do it on a flat course, we ought to be pretty much in the same place on the road at all times, and we’ll hit the same power at the same time, which will hopefully spur us both on somewhat! ⚡️⚡️

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I have really gone off the tired laddie approach of GCN videos. Their tests often seem poor or commercially perhaps even cynically designed to allow further testing in future. And they seem to play catch up with other sites and developments. But every now and again they post something I think is with watching. YMMV…

View: https://youtu.be/at3MPoK53dU

Yeah, I've seen this yesterday and at times was thinking that's it's unusually good for GCN.

Didn't hear anything new on Z2 training but I found the scientists comments about diets and how they're basically fashion spot on.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Three of us intrepid CCCs (@Whorty, @bobinski and myself) rode in the Zwift Insider Tiny Race series this morning.
Well, Carl and Bob did all 4 races and I cherry-picked the climby ones :laugh:

Anyway. Carl won individual and we won the Cat C Team competition for our time zone.
Screen Shot 2022-10-08 at 14.35.52.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-08 at 14.42.47.png

Lots of fun. This was my favourite bit...

View: https://youtu.be/6ufxy3hW8Pw?t=457

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Three of us intrepid CCCs (@Whorty, @bobinski and myself) rode in the Zwift Insider Tiny Race series this morning.

Anyway. Carl won individual and we won the Cat C Team competition for our time zone.
View attachment 663813

View attachment 663815

Blinking hard work, but really good workout. 7-8 mins max effort including an all out 1 minute sprint. A few minutes recovery, and do it all again.

As a surge/recovery rider struggling with fitness since May, this was a great little series. Definitely aimed at those with good 1 minute power, with the little climby race added in for the scrawny little fellas and lasses :biggrin:

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Is that a survival book?

Some do .... but not all :eek:

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...

View attachment 663813

View attachment 663815

Nice climbing, Alex 👍. You’ll be popping out of the top of C before too long…

alex_cycles

Veteran
Nice climbing, Alex 👍. You’ll be popping out of the top of C before too long…

Thanks. Possibly, but that particular sort of punchy climb is the only area I've found where I can regularly beat most people in C (and in real life too). When it comes to long flat rides/races or big long climbs, I'm a lot less competitive. The big guys have a huge advantage on the flat. And the superlights kill it on the long climbs. But I'm working on it. ^_^ Drafting skills, course knowledge etc. all play a part too, so trying to maximise all that.

Top Bottom