Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
This reads a bit weird ... so the top 2 teams in Div 2 are promoted to D1 with their league points ... if they have dominated their league then surely there is a possibility that they could have more points than the top team in D1?

Bottom 2 teams are relegated ... but the 2 teams above them will almost certainly end up in the bottom 2 places and start that season will the real possibility of being relegated.

And the 2 teams relegated from D1 to D2 will have minimal points and probably end up bottom of D2 and quite possibly relegated to D3 at the end of the 2nd season.

Or am I reading this wrong?

Is it that each round starts with a clean slate in each division, but the League points overall are carried over for deciding who goes where in the Season Finale?

It's about as clear as mud though :laugh:

steverob

Guru
Is it that each round starts with a clean slate in each division, but the League points overall are carried over for deciding who goes where in the Season Finale?

It's about as clear as mud though :laugh:
That's how I read it as well.

I think.

Possibly.

:huh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Ah, I read it that points carry forward ... so you start the new season with the points you ended it with, which made little sense.

But this makes little sense too as a mid table D1 will likely score less than a D2 promoted top season one, relegated S2, but then promoted again S3 ....

I'm confused lol

alex_cycles

Veteran
Ah, I read it that points carry forward ... so you start the new season with the points you ended it with, which made little sense.
That is how it reads, but it makes no sense and doesn't line up with what's happened in the past.

But this makes little sense too as a mid table D1 will likely score less than a D2 promoted top season one, relegated S2, but then promoted again S3 ....

Well I think the way they use the word season is for a whole year and each group of 6 races is a "round". That may be different from how they've used those words before. I don't know?

I'm confused lol

Well if you remember how the season finale went last time, I think they took the top half of each division and the bottom half of each and brought them all together. I think the carry-over is just to decide that. Each round will be starting from scratch again.

Looking at our division, DCP Velo has 24 points, Take it Easy CC has 22 points. They would get dumped in C2 for round 2 - where everyone starts again with zero.
Their league points would carry accross towards the "final reckoning" at the end of the three rounds. Clearly it's not going to be perfect. But it is what it is. :laugh:

Last edited:

Whorty

That is how it reads, but it makes no sense and doesn't line up with what's happened in the past.

Well I think the way they use the word season is for a whole year and each group of 6 races is a "round". That may be different from how they've used those words before. I don't know?

Well if you remember how the season finale went last time, I think they took the top half of each division and the bottom half of each and brought them all together. I think the carry-over is just to decide that. Each round will be starting from scratch again.

Looking at our division, DCP Velo has 24 points, Take it Easy CC has 22 points. They would get dumped in C2 for round 2 - where everyone starts again with zero.
Their league points would carry accross towards the "final reckoning" at the end of the three rounds. Clearly it's not going to be perfect. But it is what it is. :laugh:

Ah, OK, that makes a lot more sense.

Whorty

Did the weekend start early? Everyone had a few too many shots on Thursday night? ;):laugh:

Was bored as lady friend didn't come round 🤣

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Nearly finished the Zwift Academy workouts now. #4 and #5 felt quite easy so I ended up dialling up the power bias a touch, which is a good sign! My weakness is definitely the long TT efforts (ironically, since this was definitely my strength when I was racing 20 years ago...) I guess that I really need some base miles but none of the fun workouts really train that endurance (and I don't have the patience to sit on the bike for hours doing something which isn't fun!)

Whorty

Nearly finished the Zwift Academy workouts now. #4 and #5 felt quite easy so I ended up dialling up the power bias a touch, which is a good sign! My weakness is definitely the long TT efforts (ironically, since this was definitely my strength when I was racing 20 years ago...) I guess that I really need some base miles but none of the fun workouts really train that endurance (and I don't have the patience to sit on the bike for hours doing something which isn't fun!)

If you're still C next season/round, come and join CCC .... help build that fitness up and lots of sprint training and some big hitters to race against (one I think is one of top Cs on Zwift)

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Haha, I hadn't noticed that I'd dropped to C - I think (hope) that that's only a reflection that the only 20min+ 'event' I've ridden in the last three months was the ZA Baseline Ride. I don't think that Category Enforcement would let me ride lower than B, would it?

Last edited:

Whorty

Haha, I hadn't noticed that I'd dropped to C - I think (hope) that that's only a reflection that I've the only 20min+ event I've ridden in the last three months was the ZA Baseline Ride. I don't think that Category Enforcement would let me ride lower than B, would it?

ZRL is based on what ZP has set as your cat. But probably safer to do a couple of races over a hour to just for sure .... I was assuming that as you'd been out for a bit that you'd need a month or 2 racing to get back to B :okay:

alex_cycles

Veteran
Further to yesterday's discussion of the holo replay, I had a look in settings and it turns out they've got that covered too. You can have it set to...
  • personal best
  • most recent
  • both
  • off
Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 18.30.45.png

Top Bottom