Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
I did Easter Eight route today and when I had 8,5km to go B Jacques pace partner arrived the same Titans Grove junction. I never rode with B Pace Partners before so now I had a good opportunity to test how I manage to stay in that group. Didn't have any problems, quite encouraging test.

Last edited:

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
My turbo bike has started creaking and clicking like a ba$tard when I put even a modest amount of power through the pedals. If I can find my crank puller I'll try regreasing the bottom bracket spindle - failing that working, it's going to mean splashing out a whole £14 on a new UN300 s/t bottom bracket (I put the current one in in 2005, so it's probably still got another decade or two lifespan!)

JuhaL

Guru
My turbo bike has started creaking and clicking like a ba$tard when I put even a modest amount of power through the pedals. If I can find my crank puller I'll try regreasing the bottom bracket spindle - failing that working, it's going to mean splashing out a whole £14 on a new UN300 s/t bottom bracket (I put the current one in in 2005, so it's probably still got another decade or two lifespan!)

I recommended to remove your bottom bracket totally as well and grease the bottom bracket shell, despite is it threaded or a press fit type.

JuhaL

Guru
Yeah, that's a good shout - I really hope it comes out, because, although I'd have greased it well when I installed it, well... y'know! Would perhaps be a good excuse for a new bike, though!

I used to use medium loctite to prevent creaking but it wasn't a perfect solution. From Ceramicspeed website I noticed that they lubricate bottom bracket surfaces before the installation with grease, I decided to test that too and since then no creaking issues.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **

I’ve got the same issue since I restarted on my Zwift bike last month. A cracking sound with each rev of the crank although some days worse than others. It sounds like the frame cracking each time. my head isn’t in the right space to do major surgery on the crank though so I’ll have to live with it for a while longer.

JuhaL

Guru
I’ve got the same issue since I restarted on my Zwift bike last month. A cracking sound with each rev of the crank although some days worse than others. It sounds like the frame cracking each time. my head isn’t in the right space to do major surgery on the crank though so I’ll have to live with it for a while longer.

Seems to normal that indoor riding causes more hair losses or headache than outdoor riding. Quite a devilish hobby.

Brusgaard

Über Guru

DOH! :thumbsdown::banghead:

1665775566921.png

Top Bottom