Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
If it's the RWB series then TT bikes were allowed. Pretty sure @Brusgaard has something better than the basic Zwift TT,not to mention the climbing wheels :laugh:

Correct! This should have been my setup, had I used my brain! Kinda lost motivation when I discovered the crap bike I was on…

1665822896446.jpeg

steverob

Guru
Correct! This should have been my setup, had I used my brain! Kinda lost motivation when I discovered the crap bike I was on…
I've done that before. One of the Tour de Splitters races we had a TT round and I couldn't make the time most people were doing it, so did it on my own. Did remember to switch to a TT bike, but completely forgot to change the wheels at the same time and only realised afterwards when I switched to the side on camera angle - had just busted my guts out on a fairly flat course with fricking lightweight climbing wheels on!

13 rider

Guru
Racing Zwift seems to have brought out a competitive me . On my local climb today a hill climb was going on . As I rolled past the start the rider got the 5 sec warning and I thought he not catching me . I finished 3 secs ahead with my full 17mph rolling start and 5 sec gap . I slightly tempted to enter one . I must be mad everyone looked f*"'*£d at the end

Last edited:

alex_cycles

Veteran
Racing Swift seems to have brought out a competitive me . On my local climb today a hill climb was going on . As I rolled past the start the rider got the 5 sec warning and I thought he not catching me . I finished 3 secs ahead with my full 17mph rolling start and 5 sec gap . I slightly tempted to enter one . I must be mad everyone looked f*"'*£d at the end

Good practice for Titan's Grove reverse KoM :laugh:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I've done that before. One of the Tour de Splitters races we had a TT round and I couldn't make the time most people were doing it, so did it on my own. Did remember to switch to a TT bike, but completely forgot to change the wheels at the same time and only realised afterwards when I switched to the side on camera angle - had just busted my guts out on a fairly flat course with fricking lightweight climbing wheels on!

We were automatically put on a TT-bike, otherwise I would have been riding my “Tron”, which probably is faster than the Zwift TT frame and them almost-no-profile wheels. :sad:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Would anyone be interested in the Flamme Rouge Racing event when the current ZRL season finishes? Website is here so take a look - https://www.flammerougeracing.com/ -but the basic premise is:

- it's meant to be a zwift version of a stage race or grand tour
- there's an individual GC based on time, and a team competition based on finishing points and some bonus points
- 9 stages over 10 days - so you have to be able to race every night of the series from 22nd to 30th Oct (you can miss stages)
- Looks like race time for us will be 19.30 UK time, but there is also a 10am time slot - I think you can do whatever time slot suits you per stage
- SEVEN different individual rider categories based on Normalised Power rather than just 20 minute power
- Teams can have riders from different categories - team points based on your results within your individual category - the races are mass start
- If we had enough interest we could enter two teams and have a bit of an inter CC rivalry between teams, even if riders in different categories

There's lots more details in the rules section on the website - https://www.flammerougeracing.com/files/Rules/FRRTourRulesSeries2.pdf - but I think it's an interesting concept. Obvioulsy racing every night for 9 or 10 days will be tough physically and possibly logistically - you don't have to do every stage but you get extra bonus points for your team for completing more stages, and obviously your personal GC position will be much better if you complete all stages

alex_cycles

Veteran
Would anyone be interested in the Flamme Rouge Racing event when the current ZRL season finishes? Website is here so take a look - https://www.flammerougeracing.com/ -but the basic premise is:

- there's an individual GC based on time, and a team competition based on finishing points and some bonus points
- 9 stages over 10 days - so you have to be able to race every night of the series from 22nd to 30th Oct (you can miss stages)
- Looks like race time for us will be 19.30 UK time, but there is also a 10am time slot - I think you can do whatever time slot suits you per stage
- SEVEN different individual rider categories based on Normalised Power rather than just 20 minute power
- Teams can have riders from different categories - team points based on your results within your individual category - the races are mass start
- If we had enough interest we could enter two teams and have a bit of an inter CC rivalry between teams, even if riders in different categories

There's lots more details in the rules section on the website - https://www.flammerougeracing.com/files/Rules/FRRTourRulesSeries2.pdf - but I think it's an interesting concept. Obvioulsy racing every night for 9 or 10 days will be tough physically and possibly logistically - you don't have to do every stage but you get extra bonus points for your team for completing more stages, and obviously your personal GC position will be much better if you complete all stages

Looks fun. I think I'll register, but not sure I'll be able to do them all.
Quite appealing to me that there is a daytime slot :okay: Actually looks like multiple slots...

Screen Shot 2022-10-16 at 17.38.54.png

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

I'd give it a go, but depends how the leg holds up whether i can race more than a few times a week. But Happy to put some effort in there for a team.

A bit like a 'real' tour, maybe if there is someone in B and C who thinks they can commit to all races then those of us who maybe can't can then work for them? I'm more than happy playing domestique to help someone get a good GC place if that's an option :okay:

BurningLegs

Veteran
I'd give it a go, but depends how the leg holds up whether i can race more than a few times a week. But Happy to put some effort in there for a team.

A bit like a 'real' tour, maybe if there is someone in B and C who thinks they can commit to all races then those of us who maybe can't can then work for them? I'm more than happy playing domestique to help someone get a good GC place if that's an option :okay:

Yeah I’d be up for that. Perhaps one mixed category team would be best, with a protected GC rider in the two categories and the rest of us riding as domestiques as schedules allow??

Registered, my paternity leave ends 30/10. 🤷

Top Bottom