Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
They shoved me in FRR team to start with. I imagine if a Cyclechat team is formed we can change to that? (I'm a BON, which translates to upper C - before someone else points it out, it's also "nob" backwards :laugh:)

I'm 'HAB' ... no idea where to see what that means ...

Put me in FRR too for now, but we can switch if they can add CycleChat ... or we can just all join a random team :okay:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Would anyone be interested in the Flamme Rouge Racing event when the current ZRL season finishes? Website is here so take a look - https://www.flammerougeracing.com/ -but the basic premise is:

- it's meant to be a zwift version of a stage race or grand tour
- there's an individual GC based on time, and a team competition based on finishing points and some bonus points
- 9 stages over 10 days - so you have to be able to race every night of the series from 22nd to 30th Oct (you can miss stages)
- Looks like race time for us will be 19.30 UK time, but there is also a 10am time slot - I think you can do whatever time slot suits you per stage
- SEVEN different individual rider categories based on Normalised Power rather than just 20 minute power
- Teams can have riders from different categories - team points based on your results within your individual category - the races are mass start
- If we had enough interest we could enter two teams and have a bit of an inter CC rivalry between teams, even if riders in different categories

There's lots more details in the rules section on the website - https://www.flammerougeracing.com/files/Rules/FRRTourRulesSeries2.pdf - but I think it's an interesting concept. Obvioulsy racing every night for 9 or 10 days will be tough physically and possibly logistically - you don't have to do every stage but you get extra bonus points for your team for completing more stages, and obviously your personal GC position will be much better if you complete all stages
That sounds horrible. I'm in. Cat HAB just like @Whorty. Must stand for Handsome And Bold ;)

Last edited:

alex_cycles

Veteran
That sounds horrible. I'm in. Cat reHAB just like @Whorty. Must stand for Handsome And Bold ;)

Looks like a HEAT category based on different kinds of chillies.
Screen Shot 2022-10-16 at 19.34.35.png

mjd1988

Guru
Would anyone be interested in the Flamme Rouge Racing event when the current ZRL season finishes? Website is here so take a look - https://www.flammerougeracing.com/ -but the basic premise is:

- it's meant to be a zwift version of a stage race or grand tour
- there's an individual GC based on time, and a team competition based on finishing points and some bonus points
- 9 stages over 10 days - so you have to be able to race every night of the series from 22nd to 30th Oct (you can miss stages)
- Looks like race time for us will be 19.30 UK time, but there is also a 10am time slot - I think you can do whatever time slot suits you per stage
- SEVEN different individual rider categories based on Normalised Power rather than just 20 minute power
- Teams can have riders from different categories - team points based on your results within your individual category - the races are mass start
- If we had enough interest we could enter two teams and have a bit of an inter CC rivalry between teams, even if riders in different categories

There's lots more details in the rules section on the website - https://www.flammerougeracing.com/files/Rules/FRRTourRulesSeries2.pdf - but I think it's an interesting concept. Obvioulsy racing every night for 9 or 10 days will be tough physically and possibly logistically - you don't have to do every stage but you get extra bonus points for your team for completing more stages, and obviously your personal GC position will be much better if you complete all stages
Happy to domestique at some point as well.

Always wonder about these GC competitions - do you have to keep to the same slot when it's started? As different timezones probably have very variable numbers and drafting which must impact on the GC.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Corrected that for you 🤣

I like to think of myself as bold and bald ^_^

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’m definitely up for finding another league or even just a regular racing slot between seasons so I’ll try and keep an eye out here.

On a side note has anyone seen any news regarding if / when zwift are going to move over entirely to the newer cat enforcement set up? I know it’s something we go around in circles on but I’m really bored of racing against people who are clearly over powered for the cat. Even if I get pushed up to A at leas I’ll know people are r taking the piss. Just measuring it on 20 minute w/kg is getting worse and worse as people get more and more sophisticated at gaming the system. People with 1 min / 5 min power which is clearly above the cat norm and sitting on low 20 min power vs the category boundary in what seems like every race I enter these days. It’s probably even worse in C because there are at least 2 higher categories.

Rant over… I just look forward to the day when these tragic gimps have to find a new way to make up for their lack of real lives

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Happy to domestique at some point as well.

Always wonder about these GC competitions - do you have to keep to the same slot when it's started? As different timezones probably have very variable numbers and drafting which must impact on the GC.
Good point. I imagine that for sake of simplicity it'll be one leaderboard across all start times. I'll be doing the half seven races, I think.

First up is Bologna so numbers/draft is irrelevant. I'm assuming it's a straight-up TT? Only TT bikes and no sucking?

We need some sort of captain to register the team and whatnot. @bridgy?

Outside of being a team. Shall we also treat it as CC league?

alex_cycles

Veteran
Good point. I imagine that for sake of simplicity it'll be one leaderboard across all start times. I'll be doing the half seven races, I think.

First up is Bologna so numbers/draft is irrelevant. I'm assuming it's a straight-up TT? Only TT bikes and no sucking?

It looks like they’re going to force the bike selection on us so everyone has the same, but we can choose our wheels

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I was thinking one or the other ... certainly not both :laugh:

We did the DBR league a few years ago ... some good competition with those Danes. Although some of us are probably still smarting from the Bkool international races where our very own Dane, @Brusgaard , and his pals gave us a bit of a kicking :laugh:

Can't imagine me giving you lot a kicking, but my fellow countrymen might have. :smile:

I intend to do the DBR league, as it is early in the night (7:15PM local), which fits me nicely. :okay:

Top Bottom