Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
My bike has been groaning and creaking on the turbo, so I thought I would give it a service new SPD pedals, chain deep cleaning and new BB. I'm going to put on the 53 chainring aswell

Attachments

• 20180111_184740.jpg
    20180111_184740.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 34

kipster

Guru
I finally got round to renewing TrainerRoad and have got it all set up to play nicely with zwift. I have them both running on the same laptop, zwift via ant+ and TR over Bluetooth. I had to buy a specific Bluetooth dongle.

It all works a treat

IMG_20180111_184448810_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

JLaw

Veteran
Painful KISS EU TT yesterday. Essentially my legs were fried from wandering around the new climbs on Zwift's London world the previous night. While my original plan Tues night was to climb gently and just pick up the vertical work, instead I went fairly hard on Fox, Leith and tried to on Box as well.

~8 hours later I'm on the line for the TT. Wanted a smooth power output around ~280 for the duration. I was struggling quite a bit with that goal, both mentally and physically. Two C riders were well up the road, likely to DQ, then myself with a couple C riders fairly close about 1/3 the way through. Then the first dropout hit. Arggh. While it was probably inevitable, one of the C riders passed me (he ended up DQ). Got things moving again and bam, another drop. THrough the sweat I found the right USB extender and swung it to a better location. Of course another C had passed and was pulling away.

I had a reasonably good cushion on the subsequent C racers. One pulled to within ~15 seconds as my mental and physical strength waned, but I was able hold it through the last mile. Final verdict was 2nd place by ~15 seconds. Low on the wattages, but felt far worse than what you might think from reported wattage.

Likely done racing for the week. Will likely do some gentle climbing tonight to wrap up the Tron quest. I think one slow trip up to the tower ought to do it.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I finally got round to renewing TrainerRoad and have got it all set up to play nicely with zwift. I have them both running on the same laptop, zwift via ant+ and TR over Bluetooth. I had to buy a specific Bluetooth dongle.

It all works a treat

View attachment 391198

I have to get round to trying this.
I have bt on my pc but also a spare bt dongle.
Is there a specific order to setting up? Zwift first then tr?

kipster

Guru
I have to get round to trying this.
I have bt on my pc but also a spare bt dongle.
Is there a specific order to setting up? Zwift first then tr?

You need to get a BLED112 dongle, other ones won't work on a PC for TR. I got mine from rs-online for about £10 delivered.

I load zwift first and connect everything up via ant+, then TR and connect with Bluetooth. I tried it the other way around but TR hogged everything.

greenmark

Guru
You need to get a BLED112 dongle, other ones won't work on a PC for TR. I got mine from rs-online for about £10 delivered.

I load zwift first and connect everything up via ant+, then TR and connect with Bluetooth. I tried it the other way around but TR hogged everything.

I did the same as you about two weeks ago. I found the TR display took up too much space on the screen and so Zwift was less immersive. So I'm now replicating the TR workouts in the Zwift workout platform - tiresome but OK while watching telly. I paid for a yearly subscription on TR so I don't feel guilty using their training plans on Zwift.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Wonder if TR would ever do a link-up with Zwift. That would be awesome.

I run TR on my phone with Zwift on pc/tv. Just have to remember to delete one of them on Strava afterwards.

kipster

Guru
Wonder if TR would ever do a link-up with Zwift. That would be awesome.

I run TR on my phone with Zwift on pc/tv. Just have to remember to delete one of them on Strava afterwards.

I didnt want to be messing with TR on the phone, for me having them on the same PC is just right.

You delete the ride with the fewest miles right? I know I did :whistle:

bobinski

Legendary Member

I have a BT single I used with TR pre bkool so will try that.
Torn between paying for a year of using TR as an overlay for Zwift or using Zwift and signing up to training peaks premium. There are too many choices!

kipster

Guru
I have a BT single I used with TR pre bkool so will try that.
Torn between paying for a year of using TR as an overlay for Zwift or using Zwift and signing up to training peaks premium. There are too many choices!
I just pay monthly for both zwift and TR, I do most of my cycling outside, so generally pause the subscriptions in March, and start again in November or December.

There are so many options now, I just stick with what I know, TP looks good but I didn’t spend enough time researching it.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I didnt want to be messing with TR on the phone, for me having them on the same PC is just right.

It does give you a weird conscience decision each time! I try to use rules in my head to avoid the problem :smile: If both rides cover the same time (sometimes I may carry on in Zwift after TR has finished) I will always put the TR ride on. The only exception is if I have set a PR on a segment in Zwift and deleting the ride would remove it :smile: First world ethics problems huh :angel:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Bike back together now, chain fell apart on removal, its done well 5k miles. Nice bling chain again, 53t crank. 39t inner, will see how I get on up the pretzel, might need to adjust down difficulty a little :smile:. I only put on 53t in anticipation of Bkool. I remember I could spin up 53x11 on Bkool but nothing like that on Zwift

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

I wish I could but I just can’t get on with zwift while using trainerroad for some reason. I’m not sure if it’s that I want to race the people I come across or that I just find them a little off putting. I’ve settled on either listening to music for the short sharp HIIT sessions. Or Netflix or similar for the longer interval sessions.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Bike back together now, chain fell apart on removal, its done well 5k miles. Nice bling chain again, 53t crank. 39t inner, will see how I get on up the pretzel, might need to adjust down difficulty a little :smile:. I only put on 53t in anticipation of Bkool. I remember I could spin up 53x11 on Bkool but nothing like that on Zwift

5k is good going out of one chain. Is the cassette ok?

Top Bottom