Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
I wasn't planning on getting on, but family weren't getting to ours till after 7, so asked Mrs C if I could, and she said yes! Bonus!

Nice, I thought I saw you on the B Dean, but there were so many riders it was insane. I ended up finishing 63rd according to Zwift, but got bumped up to 33rd on Zwiftpower, with a 323W NP. Finished in 42.08.

Was really hard, I held onto the first group for about the first 5km, but they were holding well over 4.5W/Kg and I couldn't/didn't want to try holding that for an hour. Ended up sitting in the second group, but it kept breaking up and reforming, although we were catching quite a few people overall including a lot of As, moved up from about 90th at the end of the first lap so a fairly steady pace. Didn't have anything extra for the last two km though, so ended up moving back a bit. Legs are really sore now, they were already stiff and sore after yesterday, so that hasn't helped.

Definitely recommend the ride though for anyone who can get on at the time, great ride.
My plan was to get in the front group and hold on for long as possible, thankfully I wasn't the only one with the drop outs at the start but if I had 1 more I would of bailed, if there's another group ride/race I'll be there probably cat B

si_c

Guru
My plan was to get in the front group and hold on for long as possible, thankfully I wasn't the only one with the drop outs at the start but if I had 1 more I would of bailed, if there's another group ride/race I'll be there probably cat B
At least you managed to stay in. Cat B was plenty fast enough for me, wouldn't want to do A, not with the extra distance.

bobinski

Legendary Member

More than 8000 plus on at one point last night. No drop out issues in the zsun rides but see below. I don’t get drop outs bar 2-3 mysterious ones last week. I worked out Spotify, which I run on my Zwift pc when I ride, was trying to connect and pass the music through my phone rather than monitor speakers.This was messing with my bt connection causing the dropouts. Closed and restarted Spotify and all fine since. Like others have said dropouts can have many causes and most can be traced to the users setup and conflicting bt and WiFi signals,even those newly set up in adjacent properties and also even baby monitors!

[Zwift Outage]

Hi folks. Sorry for the confusion on this one.

We had a bit of a hiccup about 20 minutes ago that lasted for about 5-10 minutes. During this time some users will have had trouble logging in or might have found themselves riding alone. We were able to get the matter resolved shortly after its discovery, so everyone should be back up and riding/running.

As you may know, you can also see the current status of Zwift here: https://status.zwift.com

Truly sorry for any inconvenience.

Team Zwift

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
2 bits of disappointing news today.
Firstly another PRL rejection from the organisers and this my fourth attempt as well! I am definitely going to ride the route at 4am with some mates so if anyone fancies sneaking in too let me know.
Secondly some frustrating news about my knee. I saw consultant at Guys who then brought in another consultant to confirm his opinion. Lots of pulling, stretching and bending and i have to say a fair of wincing from me:blush:^_^ He/they confirmed torn, "pretty much shot" meniscus and he doesn't think there is much they can do. Knee kind of wobbles a bit erratically under pressure and yet knee joint wont straighten out when standing or lying flat. Chances of a successful operation at my age are about 1 in 2 with a not insignificant risk an operation to repair the meniscus may exacerbate the condition of the joint . Classic symptoms and probably some degenerative arthritis too, started or exacerbated by the impact of the tear. Will have a scan soon to confirm and I will wait for that before paying for a further opinion. In the meantime no jogging (hurrah!)
The great thing is cycling is considered the best way to alleviate some of the symptoms. The really frustrating thing, as i try and chase you lot, is that the things we all want, more power/speed are achieved by pushing or training hard and unfortunately that tends to makes things worse. I got a sense of that when i smashed my pb on Box by almost a minute recently and struggled with a fair bit of pain, in addition to usual aches, for 3 days afterwards. Bloody annoying.
That said I am a glass half full person. I am a stronger rider in some ways than i was a year ago and certainly have a better ftp despite the knee. They were surpised at this. I reckon that with the right strengthening and stretching exercises (as recommended on the internet :laugh:) and a bit of sensible care i can probably get stronger.
That said, to anyone who thinks that i am going to use my knee as an excuse each and every time i get beaten well...i will! After all, why break bad habits? :biggrin:But I will try not to:whistle:;)

si_c

Guru
Firstly another PRL rejection from the organisers and this my fourth attempt as well! I am definitely going to ride the route at 4am with some mates so if anyone fancies sneaking in too let me know.
Secondly some frustrating news about my knee. I saw consultant at Guys who then brought in another consultant to confirm his opinion. Lots of pulling, stretching and bending and i have to say a fair of wincing from me:blush:^_^ He/they confirmed torn, "pretty much shot" meniscus and he doesn't think there is much they can do. Knee kind of wobbles a bit erratically under pressure and yet knee joint wont straighten out when standing or lying flat. Chances of a successful operation at my age are about 1 in 2 with a not insignificant risk an operation to repair the meniscus may exacerbate the condition of the joint . Classic symptoms and probably some degenerative arthritis too, started or exacerbated by the impact of the tear. Will have a scan soon to confirm and I will wait for that before paying for a further opinion. In the meantime no jogging (hurrah!)
The great thing is cycling is considered the best way to alleviate some of the symptoms. The really frustrating thing, as i try and chase you lot, is that the things we all want, more power/speed are achieved by pushing or training hard and unfortunately that tends to makes things worse. I got a sense of that when i smashed my pb on Box by almost a minute recently and struggled with a fair bit of pain, in addition to usual aches, for 3 days afterwards. Bloody annoying.
That said I am a glass half full person. I am a stronger rider in some ways than i was a year ago and certainly have a better ftp despite the knee. They were surpised at this. I reckon that with the right strengthening and stretching exercises (as recommended on the internet :laugh:) and a bit of sensible care i can probably get stronger.
That said, to anyone who thinks that i am going to use my knee as an excuse each and every time i get beaten well...i will! After all, why break bad habits? :biggrin:But I will try not to:whistle:;)
Liked for the +ve attitude and not the bad news! Would a knee replacement surgery help or is that not recommended?

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

That is really bad news... Now you have a doctors note to go with your knee excuse we’re all completely screwed!

Seriously though mate, crap news... hopefully you get good advice and try to take it at least most of the time!

Knowing you I know it’s going to be very difficult for you not to push hard the whole time and restrain yourself. Hopefully you find some type of compromise.
I’m not going to attempt to give you any second rate, as read on google, medical advice either. But I’ll definitely join you for ‘ride London in the dark’ this year.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I've joined you in the rejection from prl :cry:. But hey at least your knee is now official :bicycle::B)

bobinski

Legendary Member
Liked for the +ve attitude and not the bad news! Would a knee replacement surgery help or is that not recommended?

I was worried they might suggest it especially given i have grown a lump-just like Lee's-on the side of the knee but no, last resort kind of thing.

That is really bad news... Now you have a doctors note to go with your knee excuse we’re all completely screwed!

Seriously though mate, crap news... hopefully you get good advice and try to take it at least most of the time!

Knowing you I know it’s going to be very difficult for you not to push hard the whole time and restrain yourself. Hopefully you find some type of compromise.
I’m not going to attempt to give you any second rate, as read on google, medical advice either. But I’ll definitely join you for ‘ride London in the dark’ this year.

:biggrin:

Me, take advice? Pfft...^_^

I reckon a chain gang ride london in the dark with bacon butties and possibly a beer at the end would be an excellent way to start a day!

Breedon

Legendary Member
Bad news about the knee bob, but i doubt you will take it easy when on the bike, how does it/you feel after a trip up a mountain for a few days spinning or grinding

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bad news about the knee bob, but i doubt you will take it easy when on the bike, how does it/you feel after a trip up a mountain for a few days spinning or grinding

Most days it’s ok or manageable. A bit like the aches and pains we get at our age. I can feel when it’s going to be different and tend to bail on a ride, like I did yesterday, if I get pain from the knee down the leg. It’s a good sign post to be honest. But to be clear it was at its worse manageable in the mountains last year and that’s why I don’t worry about riding in the Pyrenees this summer. I actually think it helps.
The silver lining is I now have. A cracking post race/ride excuse ^_^

berty bassett

Legendary Member
bit of bad news there Bob , at least things seem to be moving a bit for you and you are being kept in the loop
i had an ultra sound scan that showed nothing then had an xray to see if shoulder was partially dislocated but this was only 3 weeks ago and have been told i wont get results for 6 weeks - can,t help picturing a mexican in a big sombrero laying against a sun baked wall when i think of the man studying xray photos !

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I was worried they might suggest it especially given i have grown a lump-just like Lee's-on the side of the knee but no, last resort kind of thing.

:biggrin:

Me, take advice? Pfft...^_^

I reckon a chain gang ride london in the dark with bacon butties and possibly a beer at the end would be an excellent way to start a day!

That sounds like a plan!

bobinski

Legendary Member
bit of bad news there Bob , at least things seem to be moving a bit for you and you are being kept in the loop
i had an ultra sound scan that showed nothing then had an xray to see if shoulder was partially dislocated but this was only 3 weeks ago and have been told i wont get results for 6 weeks - can,t help picturing a mexican in a big sombrero laying against a sun baked wall when i think of the man studying xray photos !

Wtf?!? That’s bonkers. You could be in for a long wait . Not sure Trump has built the wall yet.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Broken Kick leg after 13k! Wipe that sweat up kickr users
27655445_1815922588426867_6469992854793595531_n.jpg

maxap

I saw consultant at Guys who then brought in another consultant to confirm his opinion. Lots of pulling, stretching and bending and i have to say a fair of wincing from me:blush:^_^ He/they confirmed torn, "pretty much shot" meniscus and he doesn't think there is much they can do.

I am sorry to hear about your knee. Think you are right about the strengthening exercises being great for knee problems. I was forced off the bike for 18 month some years ago due to knee injury and I believe it was doing lots of eccentric one leg squats for a long period that got me slowly back on the bike.

Top Bottom