Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
I’m finding it tough to get on the bike before 8pm at the mo which is a little frustrating. Hopefully I can get a better schedule sorted over the next few weeks. I’ve missed out on this league big time. Although I’m going to try and put a time in on this event just to get a feel of how it works.

Pete are you planning to start a new league at the beginning of each month?
Not sure re: the league.

I suggest we have a league going until the end of March (when the clocks go forward and people may get out more itrw. Crazy I know! :crazy:). We can either just keep this one going or start a new one for March.

Anyone have a preference?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Im not exactly sure of time 49.20 ish . Ill need to pull time from Strava.

The finish caught me out, coasted through the banner, only to look up and see a digital finish line further down the road.

Enjoyed that, except the calfs and hamstrings cramping from 2/3rd distance.

Well done all, those who thrashed me and those who kept me working hard to stay away. :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Yeah, you didn't look very good as you left me for dead on that final climb :surrender: Just didn' have the legs to chase you

I was panicking with you Carl, you kept disappearing then back again, but nearer. I didn't see when you and Martin swapped position. But I was kept working hard with Martin yo-yo ing on climbs and descents

mjd1988

Guru
My time is 48:52 :heat: @mjd1988 chasing me the whole way. Great race, really enjoyed that. Cheers Paul for organising :okay:

Literally the whole time! got within 3 seconds twice, both at the start of climbs, and each time watched you pull away. Great for motivation, although that last climb nearly killed me. I think I finished in 49 dead (in every sense)

Cheers @bridgy for that; was way more fun than TTing than I thought it would be! (and meet up functionality was perfect) My 5 minute best power and 20 min power had only 7 watts between them so pretty happy with how I paced it bar the last big climb. Becoming harder to ignore the fact that I need to get the weight down. Although maybe i'll focus on dropping my height first :birthday::cheers:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I was panicking with you Carl, you kept disappearing then back again, but nearer. I didn't see when you and Martin swapped position. But I was kept working hard with Martin yo-yo ing on climbs and descents
We swapped on the last KoM - he went from 10 secs behind, to 40 secs ahead on that one climb. He flew up there. Never expected to catch you, but wanted to keep you working all the way :biggrin:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Any other little battles going on during the race?

Pete eased by early, Dean did his usual mugging on the first big climb pulling away. I kept in close proximity and even dreamt that i would catch him, alas the second climb put pay to that.

I then had to worry about Carl then Martin later on as my legs began to cramp

Good racing, different tactics required

Norry1

Legendary Member
Good fun. Well done for sorting @bridgy

I started a bit slow (pacing don't you know) and was level with @Freelanderuk for quite a while. Then we caught up with @Del C and I managed to pass . @mjd1988 and @Whorty stayed 15-20 seconds ahead of me for ages until I got them on the final climb - I'd saved enough energy to push quite hard up there. I could see @CXRAndy in the distance and although I closed a bit, I couldn't catch him.

Must start a bit faster next time - I do in races but tried to pace it today, being a TT.

Last edited:

Breedon

Legendary Member
47:17
I'm having to use my phone as I'm working in Cornwall for a couple of weeks so trying to see the time gaps was impossible, I had to stop peddling and lean forward at 1 point Andy was 13 seconds behind me as I was starting to flag but this made me push on and slowly the gap grew again, Peter was a good minute ahead if I could of seen the times I think I could do better.

Did anyone beat my time for the final sprint if not then :wahhey:.

Thanks for sorting Paul this could work out well for our own league.

Could you see other people on the mini map that was in the meet up I couldn't see a thing.

Top Bottom