Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Not sure re: the league.

I suggest we have a league going until the end of March (when the clocks go forward and people may get out more itrw. Crazy I know! :crazy:). We can either just keep this one going or start a new one for March.

Anyone have a preference?

I’m going on holiday halfway through next month. That combined with the fact I’ve not been involved so far probably doesn’t make my opinion the relevant!

I’ll just try and join the races when I can.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Im not exactly sure of time 49.20 ish . Ill need to pull time from Strava.

The finish caught me out, coasted through the banner, only to look up and see a digital finish line further down the road.

Enjoyed that, except the calfs and hamstrings cramping from 2/3rd distance.

Well done all, those who thrashed me and those who kept me working hard to stay away. :okay:
Ha! I did exactly the same Andy! What I don't know though is where the strava segment finishes so might not have mattered anyway

JuhaL

Guru
My follow request still waits Paul's approval. Now i know why i didn't had invitation but no problem with that :smile:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
47:17
I'm having to use my phone as I'm working in Cornwall for a couple of weeks so trying to see the time gaps was impossible, I had to stop peddling and lean forward at 1 point Andy was 13 seconds behind me as I was starting to flag but this made me push on and slowly the gap grew again, Peter was a good minute ahead if I could of seen the times I think I could do better.

Did anyone beat my time for the final sprint if not then :wahhey:.

Thanks for sorting Paul this could work out well for our own league.

Could you see other people on the mini map that was in the meet up I couldn't see a thing.
you could see blue blobs on the mini map and the green people in the list - would be nice if you could only see the green people in list but i aint moaning - that was the nearest we have been to bkool days , if we do it with normal bikes then the tactics will really play a big part , tonight i was just trying my hardest to keep paul in sight knowing pete was reeling me in so it was just try as hard as i dare without blowing up - maybe with normal bikes you could crowd surf or wheel suck the leader till they get fed up with you - would be interesting - i am excited all of a sudden :hyper:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
You were right Carl, Martin was strong up the last climb!

Screenshot_20190221-204553_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
youll be in by next time i am sure

It worked very well indeed. i i wasnt sure about the invite, it ran down to 4 mins before appearing, but then on it was perfect. i could see those nearby and the dots on the map. I could also see the golden laser beam of Paul for a good while, which gave me hope I wasnt too far behind.
Lee you have demonstrated what an all round rider you're:okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
My follow request still waits Paul's approval. Now i know why i didn't had invitation but no problem with that :smile:
Sorry @JuhaL I can't see your follow request on the Zwift companion app - is your name the same on Zwift?

bridgy

Legendary Member
you could see blue blobs on the mini map and the green people in the list - would be nice if you could only see the green people in list but i aint moaning - that was the nearest we have been to bkool days , if we do it with normal bikes then the tactics will really play a big part , tonight i was just trying my hardest to keep paul in sight knowing pete was reeling me in so it was just try as hard as i dare without blowing up - maybe with normal bikes you could crowd surf or wheel suck the leader till they get fed up with you - would be interesting - i am excited all of a sudden :hyper:
Yeah should be fun - you'll be a lot harder, if not impossible to drop with drafting enabled - could come down to a sprint finish if you don't drop me on a hill!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It worked very well indeed. i i wasnt sure about the invite, it ran down to 4 mins before appearing, but then on it was perfect. i could see those nearby and the dots on the map. I could also see the golden laser beam of Paul for a good while, which gave me hope I wasnt too far behind.
Lee you have demonstrated what an all round rider you're:okay:
I kept seeing Paul's beam throughout the ride too. It kept getting further away :notworthy:

Del C

Veteran
That was excellent.

Thanks for organising @bridgy

My time was 50.18. Pleased with that. Average power of 239W which is 3W/kg, so pushing up to top of C for me now.

After @Norry1 and @Freelanderuk caught me at around halfway, I managed to get a gap over Chris and nearly caught Martyn and @Whorty on the climb before the descent back down to the waterfront, but they left me for dead on the descent.

I thought I'd managed to stay away from Chris as I pushed the gap between us out to 15 seconds over the second half of the race, but he caught me just under 1.5 miles from the finish and finished 11 seconds ahead of me. I got my Zwift rifle out and tried to shoot him, but he got away!

I'd certainly be up for doing it again. If we can keep it at one race a week then we should be able to keep it going in some way through the summer, even with better weather and more people riding out in the real world.

Maybe we could mix it up through the month. How about an ITT stage, a mountain finish or mountain stage, a hilly stage and a Hare and Hounds stage?

Top Bottom