Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
havent touched whisky since i was 15 camping down the fields - slept with my head in stingers and feet in a lake - covered in gnat bites
could have been worse - i could have been sleeping the other way round xx(felt bad for days after
I had a similar experience with Brandy when I was 17 ..... still can't even smell Brandy without flashbacks!

I don't want to offend anyone (@kipster )but it all tastes the same to me. Never been able to keep any down. As soon as it hits my gut it rebels. Now on the other hand Cider is a new find for me. I'm glad they didn't have over here when I was younger or I'd be living under a bridge.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
@Randyberlin you heathen!! Make sure you stay on BKool!!!

About the only Scotch malt I don't like are the spaysides. My personal choice is lots of peat and lots of smoke, so the Island malts really fit the bill, especially Ardbeg, although of the Islay malts then the creme de la crème has to be Caol Isla, of which I have a bottle of the 82, that I will never probably be able to afford to replace :cry:

I've been told I'm a real tart as far as alcohol is concerned ... I'm easily satisfied, just give me the best!

JuhaL

Guru
@Randyberlin you heathen!! Make sure you stay on BKool!!!

About the only Scotch malt I don't like are the spaysides. My personal choice is lots of peat and lots of smoke, so the Island malts really fit the bill, especially Ardbeg, although of the Islay malts then the creme de la crème has to be Caol Isla, of which I have a bottle of the 82, that I will never probably be able to afford to replace :cry:

I've been told I'm a real tart as far as alcohol is concerned ... I'm easily satisfied, just give me the best!
About a spayside whiskeys i like 17yo and especially 25yo Glenfarclas. There is little bit fruit but not too much smoke and peat. Sure i like peat and smoke flavor in whiskey. I use to had cask strength Glengoyne, nearly 60% that wasn't my cup of tea. I add water but i am butter finger with these strong ones.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
havent touched whisky since i was 15 camping down the fields - slept with my head in stingers and feet in a lake - covered in gnat bites
could have been worse - i could have been sleeping the other way round xx(felt bad for days after
I've done something similar with Whisky and Gin. I can't stand either now xx(.

Vodka is a different animal. I have great difficulty in not finishing an opened bottle. Never had a hangover on Vodka :unsure:, probably because I'm still piffed the following day when I wake up :blush:.

theboxers

Have any of you guys been having sprint problems using the BKool pro. I'm wondering if it's the wheel slipping or me riding at something like 30% realism i Zwift, but there seem to be a limit to what I can max with my current setup, just under 800 watts. I'm expecting to do considerable more when I go and do a IRL sprint.

Whenever I sprint it always looks like this:

View attachment 452515

... like somebody took a pair of scissors and cut away the spikes.
There's a vid by GPLama about this issue.

jamin100

Guru
Replacement Kickr Core has been delivered today!
Fingers crossed for H&H again this week on a working trainer

bridgy

Legendary Member
Are you guys up for doing another Meet-up race on Thursday evening - maybe go for 7pm this week as I think a few people said that would be an easier time for them?

I have chosen the Road to Ruins segment as it's reasonably flat(ish) to hopefully allow for a bit of drafting. Maybe we can mix it up a bit and go for something with a big hill nest week?

I will send out the meet up invite via the companion app so look out for it - and if you want to join in and you don't get an invite, request to follow me on the companion app and let me know on here.

Normal bikes (no TT bikes) this time.

theboxers

Are you guys up for doing another Meet-up race on Thursday evening - maybe go for 7pm this week as I think a few people said that would be an easier time for them?

I have chosen the Road to Ruins segment as it's reasonably flat(ish) to hopefully allow for a bit of drafting. Maybe we can mix it up a bit and go for something with a big hill nest week?

I will send out the meet up invite via the companion app so look out for it - and if you want to join in and you don't get an invite, request to follow me on the companion app and let me know on here.

This could be making it harder for a certain Mr AAAC to stay off of Zwift. If the rides/races (?) work out as well as they appear to have. :unsure:

JuhaL

Guru

Thank you for your invitation Paul but i have to skip that, evening shift at a work.

peterob

Veteran
Thank you for your invitation Paul but i have to skip that, evening shift at a work.
Remember you can always ride the circuit yourself Juha and I can include you in the league - just post the strava segment time here. Or alternatively just gauge yourself against the mix of demi-gods and mere mortals that ride here.

Thanks @bridgy for organising again :okay:

JuhaL

Guru
Remember you can always ride the circuit yourself Juha and I can include you in the league - just post the strava segment time here. Or alternatively just gauge yourself against the mix of demi-gods and mere mortals that ride here.

Thanks @bridgy for organising again :okay:
Splendid and thanks to let me know. I was gonna ask is it zwift insider verified segment but Martin was faster :thumbsup:. Maybe i will ride that watopia figure 8 route too if it's not too late, with TT bike of course.

Top Bottom