Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Just had a go at the Etap. Bailed at 49.5km when bike came loose again .looks like the damaged drop out is well and truly fooked. Oh well. Best post op ride. Worked my way from 900th to 400th close to Carl but he was about 350th I think. 212 watts average for 1h 19 min so content but would rather have finished the last 4km or so.
Off for a beer!
Wondered where you'd gone ... I kept looking over my shoulder on the last volcano KoM and was surprised you didn't catch me.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Wondered where you'd gone ... I looked over on the last volcano KOM, realised it was going to be another scalp for the Whortmeister, and let out a little victory cry! Boom Shaka Laka!

Fixed that for you :okay:

Whorty

You were going well.

We were together in the same group for quite a while, but you pulled away from me on the climb out of the Jungle. My Strava times in the Jungle are full of PRs, so I was going well.

I started quite conservatively and found myself around 590th out of around 1150, but started working harder when you caught me and then pulled myself up to finish around 490th, so quite pleased with the way I rode, particularly the second half of the ride.

One interesting thing is that my average power was higher than both you and Carl, so I’m assuming that may be down to my start and tactics with Carl and my weight disadvantage with Bob.

Anyhow, good race/ride!

PS Just looked on Zwiftpower but no results are showing. Was this ride not recorded on Zwiftpower?
I was in groups for the whole ride and very rarely put my nose in front so I was moving a lot faster than the power I was putting out. I worked harder on any climbs, but as soon as I hit a flat or descent I sat in there and sucked wheels :biggrin: Considering I wasn't planning to go hard, and I did take it easy really, I set quite a few PBs. I think that is testamount to the improvements I've been seeing recently :okay:

Whorty

Not sure I had it in the tank to be honest but might have got close given similar average watts and a 5 kilo advantage. Nice to have the carrot to chase and to tease you with my coming to get you messages:smile:
It worked ... I kept looking over my shoulder and was hoping I'd saved enough to react as you came by :laugh:

Del C

Veteran
I'm tired after a few days of hard riding. Resting today so will try to be a challenge tomorrow. Am I right in thinking the the stage starts at the top of the Alpe and ends at the bottom :whistle:
Yes............ but you have to join the warm up................ which starts at the bottom and ends at the top! :boxing:

JuhaL

Guru
My recent progress looks that i climb relatively better than ride flats. My endurace is not best as possible but i am gonna test myself if i can climb under 1hr alpe du zwift. Need to do something for better flat performance too.

Gary E

Veteran
After more than 2 months of mucking about, sending back not 1, but 2 faulty Neo 1’s I’m back up and running :smile:
70A701E1-486C-405E-A87B-42F1E1A14080.jpeg

JLaw

Veteran
So I've been back for a week of racing. Some thoughts:

The new KISS format sucks. I like you can choose a long or short race, but there's no real way to tell who your real opponents are -- few folks have a classification specifier in the name. So you're out there with A-D and left to your own devices to find reasonable opponents. I get what they're trying to do, but arghh. I don't see participating in KISS races regularly anymore. So I need a new go-to set of races.

The 3R races seem like a reasonable choice. There's a ton of 'em and they get reasonable participation (wish more folks were on ZP, but not much we can do about that). I've mostly found myself in mixed C/D packs, just barely hanging on. I think I lost them about a mile from the finish the first race, but hung on until the end yesterday, but had nothing left to fight with.

I've placed 1st or 2nd (ZP being the only results that matter :-) in all 4 of the 3R races I've done in the last week. Power is down ever-so-slightly relative to where I was before surgery, but w/kg is slightly better as I'm down a few pounds. I'm not quite at C category w/kg, but hope to be back with them soon.

Top Bottom