Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Whoever said about pairing garmin up
I would like to say thanks
Did it just as a test tonight and it picks everything up - the speed is way different to Zwift but the power is exactly the same meaning I can now see average heart and power what should help things out :thumbsup:

Bugger - I didn't mean to give you that much help. Not as though you need it :smile:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I managed to stay with him for the last few miles of my ride and even managed to overtake and pull away slightly (always easier to do when you know you're getting off in a couple of minutes ;) ). Any bragging rights were thoroughly trounced though when I saw that his heart rate was at least 40bpm less than mine LMAO :smile:
Edit : I was talking crap ... someone else was on a recovery ride :banghead:

Last edited:
I'm after some new road shoes but don't really know where to start. Any recommendations? N.B. I have a reasonably wide foot so want to avoid anything that comes up really narrow....

Thanks - any suggestions appreciated
I have fat feet also. Only ones I can get on with are the sidi mega. The mega being the wide range. Worth a look :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I'm after some new road shoes but don't really know where to start. Any recommendations? N.B. I have a reasonably wide foot so want to avoid anything that comes up really narrow....

Thanks - any suggestions appreciated

Shimano rc7 or 701 in wide are excellent quality and reasonably priced. Well compare to high end.
I have bunions and need wide across forefoot and they work for me. 600km and 8000m if climbing last 4 days and my feet have been the fine- the rest of me not!
See cycling tips review.

Guys bit of advice please. Had a bit a of a swap around with groupests on bikes recently electronic to di2 and vice versa. Anyway I have now a zwift bike without a front derailleur at the moment would this be ok on the alpe on the big ring with difficulty to about 15%

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Guys bit of advice please. Had a bit a of a swap around with groupests on bikes recently electronic to di2 and vice versa. Anyway I have now a zwift bike without a front derailleur at the moment would this be ok on the alpe on the big ring with difficulty to about 15%
Yes, I would think so. Largest gradient is 14%, which at 15% reality will feel about 2-3%.

kipster

Guru
Should be fine, I can do the Alpe on a 52x26 @45% difficulty, cadence is a bit low on the lower slopes

Gary E

Veteran
nothing better than a " stealth scalp " i hope you were humming the jaws music as you approached :ph34r:

No chance! I was breathing far too heavily for humming!

It was playing really loudly in my head though ;)

At my age (and ability) you take every chance you get to claim a scalp. Favourite scenarios include the other guy puncturing, crashing or stopping for a pee. If they turn off in a different direction to me, that's just them wimping out of a race so I take that as a win too :smile:
They all count!!

Norry1

Legendary Member
Apologies for the random nature of this post .....

I was reading somewhere about how important it is to ensure the glutes are "firing" when you pedal as they are the largest muscle group and provide the most pedalling power. I realised that when I cycle, it is my thighs that burn and get tired and my glutes never do. So I have started consciously relaxing my thing muscles when I'm riding and trying to make my glutes do the work. The slight soreness in my glutes suggests this is beginning to work but it is too early to see if this results in any better performance.

Anyone else been through this process ...... and I realise I'm setting myself up for a lot of facetious replies :smile:

Norry1

Legendary Member
No chance! I was breathing far too heavily for humming!

It was playing really loudly in my head though ;)

At my age (and ability) you take every chance you get to claim a scalp. Favourite scenarios include the other guy puncturing, crashing or stopping for a pee. If they turn off in a different direction to me, that's just them wimping out of a race so I take that as a win too :smile:
They all count!!

Yep, its great when you see a couple of parents with their young kids on bikes - 4 or 5 scalps all in one go :evil::boxing:

Top Bottom