Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I think we are ok Bob, our second day follows avenue verte from Dieppe for 35 miles, then we have to divert down to hotel on B roads. Third day is B roads again then cycle paths till the outskirts of Paris.

Day one takes us over the Ditchling, has the kids want to try it, so we are diverting down to Brighton and on the coast road to Newhaven. Watch out Tommy:laugh:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I think we are ok Bob, our second day follows avenue verte from Dieppe for 35 miles, then we have to divert down to hotel on B roads. Third day is B roads again then cycle paths till the outskirts of Paris.

Day one takes us over the Ditchling, has the kids want to try it, so we are diverting down to Brighton and on the coast road to Newhaven. Watch out Tommy:laugh:

Are you going to attack his time? It's not as if he will find it now it's no longer closed roads ^_^

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I'll be using a pace car, with parachute cord attached

Reality is I'm not going to be a worry to any of your times, especially carrying a saddle bag of goodies for the kids

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Crashed and burned, nothing there from the start, began to get dropped quite easily on the first extended slope. I knew I shouldn't of raced son back from town. Another day when feeling fresher in the legs and a little more determined in the head.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I was looking for your results but guessed you didn't make it, was it a super quick start?

No more so than a C cat Dean . I just felt really sluggish. Maybe the muggy weather or my series of mini sprints with son at lunchtime took the edge out of me. I was pushing 450 w up the first slope and began to lose the wheel of the group, then the my mind said sod this, where as I would of hung in there. Only needed another 20 secs to crest the hill. Lack of mental drive definitely tonight.

Breedon

Legendary Member
No more so than a C cat Dean . I just felt really sluggish. Maybe the muggy weather or my series of mini sprints with son at lunchtime took the edge out of me. I was pushing 450 w up the first slope and began to lose the wheel of the group, then the my mind said sod this, where as I would of hung in there. Only needed another 20 secs to crest the hill. Lack of mental drive definitely tonight.
Could of been with it being so humid you cant cool down as quick so you basically cook, and racing a wipper snapper is not a good idea :tongue:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
To all the tech heads out there
If I put a video together with the gpx file in Garmin virb - is it possible to ride it on the turbo letting it put resistance on and with what programme if it is possible
Thanks x

To all the tech heads out there
If I put a video together with the gpx file in Garmin virb - is it possible to ride it on the turbo letting it put resistance on and with what programme if it is possible
Thanks x
I used the virb with the Bkool video editing software and used a program @kipster recommended called handbrake to lower the framerate . Only 2 were good enough for the bkool standards. Evidently wobbling wildly going uphill doesn't make for good video.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I've chosen for PRS tomorrow @ 6pm. Foolishly I've opted for B category.

I have considered trying B - just to see if it kickstarts me to a higher performance. In C, I seem to be able to stay with the front bunch most of the way, then a few above-C riders get away and grab the first few spots and I end up 4, 5 , 6 ish overall and near the top of the legal C's.

I've not been brave enough to try yet. :blush:

Top Bottom