Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I have considered trying B - just to see if it kickstarts me to a higher performance. In C, I seem to be able to stay with the front bunch most of the way, then a few above-C riders get away and grab the first few spots and I end up 4, 5 , 6 ish overall and near the top of the legal C's.

I've not been brave enough to try yet. :blush:

Looking at the results from last night, I probably couldn't of matched the first 4 guys. The others on B cat were a minute or so back, so I could of ended up in no man's land without a group, solo. That would of ruined my speed compared to drafting in a pack. I then could of easily been caught by the front runners in C group.

I'll try again in B cat on another flat course, but it will have to wait a month or so, outdoor activities now.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Looking at the results from last night, I probably couldn't of matched the first 4 guys. The others on B cat were a minute or so back, so I could of ended up in no man's land without a group, solo. That would of ruined my speed compared to drafting in a pack. I then could of easily been caught by the front runners in C group.

I'll try again in B cat on another flat course, but it will have to wait a month or so, outdoor activities now.

Shout up and I'll try and join you

berty bassett

Legendary Member
thanks for replies
will have yet another go at it next week
1st attempt ran out of battery
2nd attempt had camera set too high quality so playing with 16 gig for 40 mins
going away for few days will try tues

si_c

Guru
Got home from work today and just hopped straight on the trainer for a free ride session using the commute as a warm up more or less. Decided to not push myself too hard for the next few weeks and focus on my primary aim at the moment, which is weight loss. I don't want to compromise that by going too hard and then losing too much power which is a real danger. I've managed to raise my FTP by 10W over the last couple of months, which is not too bad when you consider I've also lost 6kg in the same time and feel like I'm in danger of pushing too hard and reversing that gain.

Down to 90kg dead today, which is 6 above where I want to be.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I thought I'd have a Zwift session to shake off my head cold(well I hope it is). A rider called R.Gesink came zooming by at 7W/kg, despite him recovering from a fractured vertebra!

Yesterday he average 239W 23.3mph for 1.5hr Zwift session- normal numbers from a pro
https://www.strava.com/activities/1148489847

Just checked his profile page, he bloody lives on Zwift, virtually every day an hour or two. The recovery abilities of these pros!:notworthy:

The other day some chap Dowsett tried to mix it with me, but he wasnt upto it :tongue::laugh::whistle:

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
I thought I'd have a Zwift session to shake off my head cold(well I hope it is). A rider called R.Gesink came zooming by at 7W/kg, despite him recovering from a fractured vertebra!

Yesterday he average 239W 23.3mph for 1.5hr Zwift session- normal numbers from a pro
https://www.strava.com/activities/1148489847

Just checked his profile page, he bloody lives on Zwift, virtually every day an hour or two. The recovery abilities of these pros!:notworthy:

The other day some chap Dowsett tried to mix it with me, but he wasnt upto it :tongue::laugh::whistle:
Well that's made me feel better about myself. My ride yesterday on Zwift averaged 244W to his 239!

Yay, faster than a Pro :hyper::wahhey:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well that's made me feel better about myself. My ride yesterday on Zwift averaged 244W to his 239!

Yay, faster than a Pro :hyper::wahhey:

He probably did it with a HR of 110bpm! What was yours? :tongue: Also he will weigh much less.

I was speaking to the guys who organise tours in Tenerife, they see and ride occasionally with the Pro's up the mountain. They told me when they have a HR 160bpm and are beginning to struggle with the pace the pro's have about 120bpm, not even breaking sweat.

My workout today I average 228W for a moderate effort. Its just the HR and weight ruin it for me:laugh:

si_c

Guru
He probably did it with a HR of 110bpm! What was yours? :tongue: Also he will weigh much less.

I was speaking to the guys who organise tours in Tenerife, they see and ride occasionally with the Pro's up the mountain. They told me when they have a HR 160bpm and are beginning to struggle with the pace the pro's have about 120bpm, not even breaking sweat.

My workout today I average 228W for a moderate effort. Its just the HR and weight ruin it for me:laugh:

Yeah he has a lower HR than I do by a fair bit :laugh: And at 90kg I'm definitely heavier, but working on it.

My problem with HR is that I find it really difficult to get it above 160, so yesterdays ride was 131 average peaking at 160. I even did a sprint section where I was doing 575W with my HR not going above 140. The only way I can get it high is to sustain a high power for much longer than I like and if I do that I'm just broken. I'm not 100% sure my HR strap isn't broken in some way to be honest.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Anybody racing today or tomorrow? I plan to race one of these days but not decided which yet.

Top Bottom