Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
Did Stage 3 Alpe du Zwift tonight.

Was hoping to break the hour but faded on the second half of the climb. Think I went off too fast and paid for it.

1.01.52 for me @peterob

Moved trainer resistance up to around 90% to see if that gave me more to push against on the climb. Certainly seemed to help at the bottom as I was averaging over 250W on the lower part of the climb but that faded to around 220W on the upper part.

More worryingly, I put my Alpe d'Huez top and shorts on and they didn't seem to give me much help at all. I'll be sending them back! :wacko:

peterob

Veteran
Did Stage 3 Alpe du Zwift tonight.

Was hoping to break the hour but faded on the second half of the climb. Think I went off too fast and paid for it.

1.01.52 for me @peterob

Moved trainer resistance up to around 90% to see if that gave me more to push against on the climb. Certainly seemed to help at the bottom as I was averaging over 250W on the lower part of the climb but that faded to around 220W on the upper part.

More worryingly, I put my Alpe d'Huez top and shorts on and they didn't seem to give me much help at all. I'll be sending them back! :wacko:
Updated league table with what, I think, includes all times. Let me know if I've missed anything.

With the mini heatwave hitting the UK now, I don't think I'll be catching up ony any stages for a bit! :sun:
JuneLeague.png

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Bugger. Was going well when I got dropped. Didn't spot the A's coming so missed the jump! The blob was moving away at pace by the time I reactde. Rookie error. Oh well, a good workout none the less, and good to see Martin and Steen in the race. I rode the last 10k with 2 D riders who I think appreciated the wheel.

I had to waste my aero PU to close the gap up to the A/Bs, and even with a feather PU, I was (once again) dropped going out of/up from the tunnel, just as we caught up with the last of the Cs.
I think I got caught in the Cs sticky draft as I wasn't able to plough through them and catch up with the A/Bs again. :sad: In the end I lost about 15 seconds on the last 2 km on that A/B group, which is OK all things considered...

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Re riding stage 2, NY Everything Bagel, at 4:30 today if anyone interested. Created a meetup and sent out invites - if you didn't get one and want to join me let me know :okay: - tried to invite everyone but I may have missed people!

Milzy

Guru
Re riding stage 2, NY Everything Bagel, at 4:30 today if anyone interested. Created a meetup and sent out invites - if you didn't get one and want to join me let me know :okay: - tried to invite everyone but I may have missed people!
I’d sooner have a leg off. Seriously though got over 100 miles in the morning so relaxing.
Enjoy.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Updated league table with what, I think, includes all times. Let me know if I've missed anything.

With the mini heatwave hitting the UK now, I don't think I'll be catching up ony any stages for a bit! :sun:
View attachment 472779
Had a 2nd go at Stage 2 today. A very quiet NY course with literally no one to draft. Still, knocked a minute off my previous time.

@peterob can you update me with 1:04:41 (https://www.strava.com/activities/2487818750/segments/62614149768)

Could probably have worked a little harder but not having anyone to chase it's difficult to know how hard to go.

JuhaL

Guru
I did few days ago little bit adjustment to my bike. I lower the saddle quite a lot and move it more forward. No more lower back pain and better power output irl. Need to test that on Zwift too, how it work with indoor trainer.

Top Bottom