Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Signed up for the 17:30 Hare and Hounds if anyone fancies joining me :okay:

I'm away in the Forest of Dean for a week and didn't take the turbo as the weather forecast is good. Look out for some IRL rides appearing on Strava shortly.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Sorry @Whorty I couldn't finish it. :heat: They were coming in fast, just like the A's when they flew past us.
I was just going to apologise to you for not being able to hold the sprint longer LOL When you came past me and they got on my wheel I dropped my power, hoping they would 'stick' in my draft but didn't happen.

Thanks for the ride :okay: ... I was sandbagging and hanging on for dear life for 90% of that ride :B)

I thought you'd made it onto the A's. They came past like a steam train. I had an aero, and pushed really hard ..... one of them got stuck in my draft. He was the one who got dropped from the other As and we passed him a little later :biggrin:

peterob

Veteran
Do we have a Paul Bridgeman meet this Thursday??
Won't be able to make it (again) this week. Took a tumble on the way home on Monday when a dog ran out in front of my bike :cycle:. I didn't feel too bad at the time and happily got back on and cycled the 3 miles home. But stiffened up over the evening and couldn't walk that night or the next day. Felt a lot better yesterday and again today and am able to hobble about now but I think I'll be off the bike for a little while. :angry:

Dog seemed ok though.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I was just going to apologise to you for not being able to hold the sprint longer LOL When you came past me and they got on my wheel I dropped my power, hoping they would 'stick' in my draft but didn't happen.

Thanks for the ride :okay: ... I was sandbagging and hanging on for dear life for 90% of that ride :B)

I thought you'd made it onto the A's. They came past like a steam train. I had an aero, and pushed really hard ..... one of them got stuck in my draft. He was the one who got dropped from the other As and we passed him a little later :biggrin:

You were already a few meters ahead of me, and I engaged the truck PU to get on your wheel. But then I was at 6.8 and you at 5.4, so I didn't want to slow down and of course just shot past you. The sprint ended up a bit too long I guess. :smile:

We were going a bit slow in that 4 man group, and my finish time was 3 minutes slower than last week.

I only had the feather PU, when the A's came storming through with their Aero engaged. That feather was not of much use, even though I used it in on a 1% "climb" chasing them, just before I gave up the chase. :smile:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
You were already a few meters ahead of me, and I engaged the truck PU to get on your wheel. But then I was at 6.8 and you at 5.4, so I didn't want to slow down and of course just shot past you. The sprint ended up a bit too long I guess. :smile:

We were going a bit slow in that 4 man group, and my finish time was 3 minutes slower than last week.

I only had the feather PU, when the A's came storming through with their Aero engaged. That feather was not of much use, even though I used it in on a 1% "climb" chasing them, just before I gave up the chase. :smile:
I felt I had to go early as I was fighting to stay with you all. Once I went past and got to my max I was hopping I could take you to the sprint line. I could probably have held 5.4 w/kg about 5-10 seconds longer but once you went past me I was of no more help.

I didn't give much to the speed of the 4 man group and expected to be dropped well before The Mall. Everytime i went to the front to pull someone came past me! I gave it my all out the tunnel, to stay on Schroder's wheel, as he was a strong climber and I figured from lap 2 he'd try to make a break on the last ascent. All very cat and mouse :smile:

Del C

Veteran
Won't be able to make it (again) this week. Took a tumble on the way home on Monday when a dog ran out in front of my bike :cycle:. I didn't feel too bad at the time and happily got back on and cycled the 3 miles home. But stiffened up over the evening and couldn't walk that night or the next day. Felt a lot better yesterday and again today and am able to hobble about now but I think I'll be off the bike for a little while. :angry:

Dog seemed ok though.
That's bad news.

Rest up and GWS!!

Milzy

Guru

Dog seemed ok though.
Speedy recovery. I had a smash with a bmx bandit but luckily no damage apart from mech tape I replaced. The other night a pheasant skimmed off the top of my lid at 43 mph. I was trying to manoeuvre so it wasn’t going in my face.

Top Bottom