Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Whatever suits you - I got no plans for Sunday and the weather forecast says 9-17 m/s windspeed, and I’m not gonna ride outside with that much wind. :stop:

Yes, I hope you two make the best of the good days. When/at what age was she diagnosed with MS?
She was diagnosed at 25 (just after I met her) but she was having symptoms for about 2 years. She's 50 this year and has reached advanced MS now. Long term prognosis is not good; we're planning for the worst but hoping for the best. As most people would, we make the most of the good days and cope as best we can on bad days. It's such a common illness, and so sad that there is still no cure for sufferers.

As for riding, I'll aim for 4 on Sunday but I'll have to play it by ear until the day as it will depend how HID's day goes. When i'm more sure of the time I'll ping out an mtg invite and see who else wants to sit on your wheel :okay:

Unfortunately HID is having a bad time as her MS advances ... we do get some good days though thankfully and these make up for the crappy days.

Our thought are with you both Carl, Christine is on a good spell at the moment with her MS

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
They need to keep users happy because Veloton looks amazing & everything I’ve ever wanted.
After Yorkshire we should have the Alpe. Not been up it for months now. :smile:

I've not seen Veloton, I'll have to look it up.

As for doing a race on the Alpe I'm very much up for that except for the fact the meet-up (on the Road to Sky route) has gone wrong and sent people off in different - and wrong - directions the last two times we've tried. Might have to settle for one of the mountain routes instead

Maybe the solution is a rolling start to the bottom of the alpe.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Good day out yesterday with my local cycling club, Warwick Lanterne Rouge CC. I have only recently joined them and this was my first time riding with them. We went to the start of ToB in Warwick then had a ride out to the finish via a new cycling cafe.

upload_2019-9-14_11-24-46.png
upload_2019-9-14_11-23-48.png

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Maybe the solution is a rolling start to the bottom of the alpe.
We could do what we always used to do on Bkool. The first person joins Zwift at (say) 7 o'clock and we all join that person and "ride with them" on Zwift. We can cruise slowly together to the base of the Alpe (a good 8-10 mins warm up) then, when we get to the Alpe KoM start we go full throttle :biggrin:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Looks like RGT is going to offer an alternative to bkool with their Premium tier- routes generated from uploaded gpx files. The timing of bkools upgrade is perhaps a little clearer;
http://bit.ly/2LUfIdR

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Or just go on the shortest route there by us all manually choosing the directions? I think it’s about two taps of the keyboard.

We could do what we always used to do on Bkool. The first person joins Zwift at (say) 7 o'clock and we all join that person and "ride with them" on Zwift. We can cruise slowly together to the base of the Alpe (a good 8-10 mins warm up) then, when we get to the Alpe KoM start we go full throttle :biggrin:

Yep, this is requires a rolling start.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
@theboxers - how’s your legs doing ? Any update yet- is swimming helping
Hi BB thanks for the concern.

I'm gaining a small amount of fitness by swimming, but not enough. Due to the limitations the leg puts on me and my inability to swim well (to be honest I don't swim, more like float and try to wave my arms up and down to go backwards along the lane), a brick has more buoyancy, I'm only doing 20-25 minutes every time I go. It's not enough.

I have, after a blood pressure test scare 190/102 :eek: I normally reside around the 120-130/80 odd range, been given the go ahead by the doc to do gym workouts. All the pain of swimming without the risk of drowning. I start that on Tuesday with my orientation and then I'll work with the Trainer to find a routine that allows me to gain back my fitness and possibly lose a little weight each week.

I've got an appointment at the hospital on the 30th for an initial consultation. After that I'll see where i goes.

The level of frustration I am feeling is quite high, I've not been able to do much in the way of good exercise for the last 2 or 3 months and my weight is going back up, I'm over 20st again :cry:. With the gym and swimming I am hoping to reverse that trend.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
TB, I can’t imagine how frustrated you are.
I know the internet is a bit of a rabbit hole when it comes to legal advice but experience suggests GP’s are often risk adverse and too cautious. Can you get a second opinion about next steps?

Top Bottom