Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Yeah I’m not sure if they’re at all motivated to develop private races. Time will tell I guess.

I agree with bridgy in that we can join public races whenever we want. And maybe as the winter takes hold we could do one of each type every week. But the cc races have their own dynamic that builds race on race.

Obviously I wasn’t in the race so I can’t be sure. But starting the segment at slightly different times seems just as confusing as the finish to me in terms of gaging a final effort.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Updated league table. I don't want to talk about stage 3 ever again :cursing:

Zwift CC league Aug Sept stage 3.jpg

bobinski

Legendary Member
Yeah we have done this in the past - and no reason not to do again when it suits us. It's just more fun having a "closed" race with just the people you know on here - sometimes the organised races can be so big that you hardly see other cyclechat riders. Also, in our own races the dynamics of the race are set by us, rather than being dictated by the other riders in a public race.

I think (and hope) Zwift will improve the meet-up feature and allow us to do private races properly eventually. Unfortunately they seem to be spending more time developing features like steering at the moment!

It’s all set up apparently and waiting to be implemented. Just like steering. Probably don’t want to seem exclusionary given the premise of zwift is we want as many users as possible. They have a lot of investment to turn a return on.

Milzy

Guru
They need to keep users happy because Veloton looks amazing & everything I’ve ever wanted.
After Yorkshire we should have the Alpe. Not been up it for months now. :smile:

bridgy

Legendary Member
They need to keep users happy because Veloton looks amazing & everything I’ve ever wanted.
After Yorkshire we should have the Alpe. Not been up it for months now. :smile:
I've not seen Veloton, I'll have to look it up.

As for doing a race on the Alpe I'm very much up for that except for the fact the meet-up (on the Road to Sky route) has gone wrong and sent people off in different - and wrong - directions the last two times we've tried. Might have to settle for one of the mountain routes instead

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Sorry to hear about the HID.
If you can wait until Sunday, we can do the ride together, if you fancy that?
Could do ... what time you thinking of riding?

Thanks ... Unfortunately HID is having a bad time as her MS advances ... we do get some good days though thankfully and these make up for the crappy days.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Could do ... what time you thinking of riding?

Thanks ... Unfortunately HID is having a bad time as her MS advances ... we do get some good days though thankfully and these make up for the crappy days.

Whatever suits you - I got no plans for Sunday and the weather forecast says 9-17 m/s windspeed, and I’m not gonna ride outside with that much wind. :stop:

Yes, I hope you two make the best of the good days. When/at what age was she diagnosed with MS?

Top Bottom