Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Sorry mate I think youā€™re right. Especially after what I found after a little oxford dictionary search on google!

View attachment 488289

:rolleyes:

šŸ˜‚

inspiredšŸ‘

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Not seen MotoGP, but must say, whenever I get to Twickers I have the time of my life. Love watching rugger there - such an amazing experience. Beer on tap! What's not to like :wahhey:

I have been to all the mainland national rugby venues over the years. These are great events, they are static in location^_^. What I mean is, an event like cycling or motor-racing, you see the competitors only briefly as they pass you, then its waiting for them to return again-even worse with stage cycle racing, they pass you and you go home:laugh:

You get to see so much more via TV coverage, even when the cameras jump to action down the field, cameras are recording all the action at the front and will replay instantly if something vital happens.

My TDF in Sheffield was a good day out, spent 6 hours watching the crowds grow, the procession of carnival vehicles, weather dry sunny. But I missed the Nibali breakaway a few miles later and only found out later.

The TDF in the UK was special, I':okay:m glad I went to home county to watch it and will remember that one event as quite special.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Invites to tonight and Thursday's race have been sent. Course is "Knickerbocker" in New York (hopefully no gravel!)

Tonight - 7pm UK time
Thursday - 6pm UK time

@peterob can this replace the stage we did last week which was obviously affected by this gravel resistance update issue - this can be the new stage 1
Not got an invite @bridgy - can you resend to me please?

I took a beer called the ā€œMuurā€ in the cold draft house pub next door on the Friday night, I was taken in by its 8.2% abv rating..it sent me up the muur alright...I was dying the next morning šŸ¤¢šŸ˜€

Me and my brother got there on the Friday in time to see the mens U23, got out to the first climb on the ladies elite then back into town for the circuits, and we got a great spot to watch the menā€™s elite race, right on the corner at the bottom of Parliament street 500m from the finish. Thankfully I had packed a set of ponchos and waterproof leggings which kept us dry, only had wet feet. Really enjoyed the weekend despite the weather.

View attachment 488229
My view.šŸ‘†

I even made a short video of our weekend as a momento...

View: https://youtu.be/oYLGF50ZrNA

Dancing with the badger at the end was my favourite part of the weekend šŸ˜„

I also somehow squeezed in some souvenirs into my hand luggage for my pain cave.

View attachment 488230

Crazy good bicycle rider. Very artsy photographer. Singer? Did I mention great photographer?

Edit: Great video.Thanks.

Last edited:
No invites for me either :sad:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Home early to be told parenting is more important than cycling?? Donā€™t get it myself but got to go parents eve tonight so no ride for me tonight. Not sure if itā€™s advice Iā€™m going to get or see how my kids are doing^_^
Go buy a few more bikes, and tell them that's their inheritance :biggrin: That will teach them a harsh lesson!

bridgy

Legendary Member
No invites for me either :sad:
Definitely invited you Chris - shot below of you in my pending replies list! I will try deleting and re-selecting you like I did with Carl and see if that works...

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Home early to be told parenting is more important than cycling?? Donā€™t get it myself but got to go parents eve tonight so no ride for me tonight. Not sure if itā€™s advice Iā€™m going to get or see how my kids are doing^_^

Speaking of school reports...hereā€™s yours for that piss weak excuse Brendan
:okay:

Hope your kid fairs better mate šŸ¤žšŸ‘

Top Bottom