Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Can you do that link thingy Bridgy to the segment please?
I'll have to do that later Adam because I'm on my phone and don't think you can link to it via the phone app. It's probably a hidden segment for you but if you're also on your phone I don't think you can unhide hidden segments on the app either - need desktop site

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Can you do that link thingy Bridgy to the segment please?
https://www.strava.com/segments/19141299 ???

Reactions: Add

peterob

Veteran
Well done everyone - particularly @berty bassett ! And welcome back to form Tommy! Unfortunately my planned power surge in the last few kms was scuppered by my body failing me as I got cramp in my calf - my own fault for running last night and not stretching before tonight's race. Was pedaling with one leg at the end!

35.57 for me please @peterob - segment to use is the one below :

View attachment 488346
I'll do the league tables in the morning as the spreadsheet is on my work PC :tongue:

Had to start at the back of the field tonight as Zwift didn't seem to think I was pedalling so had to restart. I wondered why it had me hopping on and off the bike during the warmup!

peterob

Veteran
I'll do the league tables in the morning as the spreadsheet is on my work PC :tongue:

Had to start at the back of the field tonight as Zwift didn't seem to think I was pedalling so had to restart. I wondered why it had me hopping on and off the bike during the warmup!
These are the times I have. Let me know if yours isn't on there. Well done everyone!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Well done everyone - particularly @berty bassett ! And welcome back to form Tommy! Unfortunately my planned power surge in the last few kms was scuppered by my body failing me as I got cramp in my calf - my own fault for running last night and not stretching before tonight's race. Was pedaling with one leg at the end!

View attachment 488346

Thanks mate. I realised you hit the wall near the end because I was struggling badly by then and you didn’t go past me. It wasn’t helped by the big clusters of riders we had to peddle though I guess. The course was short and you dragged me along when I was suffering so the result definitely flattered me a lot! To be honest for most of it I was just trying to stay away from Lars and the guys behind us and hang on to you for as long as I could. But I’m glad I’m moving in the right direction.

well done all!

edit: I’ve just seen the times Paul. You must of virtually stopped dead at the end because I’m sure we were side by side with around 100 meters left. Bad luck mate.

Last edited:

BurningLegs

Veteran
41:11 for me please :blush:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

View attachment 488346
39:44 please @peterob

What happened at the start Pete? When I went passed you, on the ramp up to the start banner, you seemed to be pushing 3.3 w/kg yet your avatar was standing still. Very strange :wacko: When you got going again, and came past me, I tried to hang on but just not enough in the legs :notworthy:

Well done all. Very busy on the course tonight so didn't see many of you.

Edit : corrected as got wrong segment.

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Thanks mate. I realised you hit the wall near the end because I was struggling badly by then and you didn’t go past me. It wasn’t helped by the big clusters of riders we had to peddle though I guess. The course was short and you dragged me along when I was suffering so the result definitely flattered me a lot! To be honest for most of it I was just trying to stay away from Lars and the guys behind us and hang on to you for as long as I could. But I’m glad I’m moving in the right direction.

well done all!

edit: I’ve just seen the times Paul. You must of virtually stopped dead at the end because I’m sure we were side by side with around 100 meters left. Bad luck mate.
Yeah I was kind of soft pedaling for the last couple of kms trying to manage the cramp and then right towards the end I had to just unclip the cramping leg and pedal with one leg - which isn't very efficient it turns out!

BurningLegs

Veteran
Sorry for not waiting when I caught you :whistle:
Hehe, no worries.

I got stuck in the middle of nowhere from the start. It ended up being me and another rider (I forget who) but they weren’t pushing hard enough for me and I ended up moving on from them, but riding on my own (which I hate).

Then I had a taste of my own medicine when a ginger Mohawk came flying past me and I jumped on. Well I ended up burning out with about 6km to go and couldn’t hang on to you in that last 5km :laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Hehe, no worries.

I got stuck in the middle of nowhere from the start. It ended up being me and another rider (I forget who) but they weren’t pushing hard enough for me and I ended up moving on from them, but riding on my own (which I hate).

Then I had a taste of my own medicine when a ginger Mohawk came flying past me and I jumped on. Well I ended up burning out with about 6km to go and couldn’t hang on to you in that last 5km :laugh:
I was on my own from the off. I didn't try to go with the group today, knowing it was a rolling course and I'd burn too many matches trying to stay on wheels. Instead i paced myself, hoping to get a decent enough time. I kept seeing you about 10-15 seconds up the road but you held that gap for most of the race. As i started to pull you back i was on my limit, so almost just sat on, but i tried the punch past and tried to hold the lead. I did think you'd get back on my wheel but once you started to fade i knew i had to keep going.

Really good session, seeing you up the road and chasing you down!

peterob

Veteran
Hehe, no worries.

Haha - the Ginger Mohawk is very handy for spotting oneself in a busy race!

Yeah - We rode well together for a while. You seemed to put on a spurt in comparison to me whenever we hit an incline and I had to use the descent to pull back. Like you said, you popped with 6k to go.

Add yourself to the 'Cyclechat Turbo Club' Strava group @BurningLegs - it makes it easier to collate the times for the league :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom