Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
You're welcome. And BTW, Pete's suggestion was meant for @BurningLegs, who should "add" himself to the Strava group. :smile:
I am already a member, but I have my privacy settings set so that every ride I upload is set so only I can view it. Then I manually change the settings of some rides to “followers” afterwards. I suppose for these rides I should set to public like I do for rides that go into Zwift Power so that the group can see!

LBHIFI

Veteran
On a side note I’m not keen on that course. Is it me or is it always overpopulated because if it’s size?
I was hanging on by the fingernails, but felt I had enough legs & lungs to overcome the roling hills. I knew I would be dropped when we hit the hill, but the continuous bombardement of sticky draft proved to be too much for me, and I got dropped 4k before the hill.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Guys, a quick update on gravel-gate...

I have had a couple of replies from Eric Schlange who runs zwiftinsider.com and he has been busy running tests on the jungle loop with all the different available wheelsets, including the tron bike. From what I've seen so far it looks like all the road wheels are performing pretty much consistently on the gravel sections - i.e they are all being affected equally, so although everyone will be slower than before, no one will be getting any advantage or being penalised. It may be that only the mountain bike wheels will have any advantages in the gravel or something. Need to wait until he's done all the tests but it's looking promising that we will at least be able to to race fairly on those courses with gravel as long as everyone is on the latest updated version of Zwift. Fingers crossed...
Thanks Paul.

Did anyone else see something similar in some sections of NY last night? One section of the park loop had me pushing 220 watts (about 3.1 w/kg) and only doing 30kph (should have been about 35?) and riders were flying past me at 1.5 w/kg. Being a lumpy course, next time we reached a lump, they would slow down and I'd go past them on the incline. I tried to spot if they were all doing a workout - can't be 100% sure, but most of them were.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Thanks Paul.

Did anyone else see something similar in some sections of NY last night? One section of the park loop had me pushing 220 watts (about 3.1 w/kg) and only doing 30kph (should have been about 35?) and riders were flying past me at 1.5 w/kg. Being a lumpy course, next time we reached a lump, they would slow down and I'd go past them on the incline. I tried to spot if they were all doing a workout - can't be 100% sure, but most of them were.
No I didn't notice anything like that last night - although I didn't notice the gravel thing either to be honest! I'm usually too busy trying to breathe to notice stuff like that going on around me!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I was hanging on by the fingernails, but felt I had enough legs & lungs to overcome the roling hills. I knew I would be dropped when we hit the hill, but the continuous bombardement of sticky draft proved to be too much for me, and I got dropped 4k before the hill.

Yeah I think it played a part in the race. If you’re feeling a bit beaten up anyway it’s hard to keep on putting in little bursts of extra power to clear the congestion. And it felt constant.
I don’t think I’ll do that race again on Thursday. Even without my ‘turbo’ I’m happy enough with the result and I’m not crazy about that course

On a side note this winter is shaping up to be a lot of fun! It feels like for the first time in 2 years I’m going to get a chance to get in some good shape. And there’s quite a few of us that seem potentially very close on the road and chasing @bridgy and @Berty basset :bicycle:

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Thanks Paul.

0/10 :okay:

peterob

Veteran
Early league table below. Plenty of riders still to ride Stage 1. If you rode yesterday and think you can do better, the re-run is at 6pm on Thursday ^_^

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Thanks Paul.

Feel free to watch the recording to see if you find something along those lines:

View: https://youtu.be/9LMwhzuQDOg

BurningLegs

Veteran
W
Early league table below. Plenty of riders still to ride Stage 1. If you rode yesterday and think you can do better, the re-run is at 6pm on Thursday ^_^
View attachment 488413
Well I think the only way is up for me, but don’t know if I can’t be bothered!

My heart is in Watopia tbh - not a big fan of NY, Richmond, or even London. Haven’t tried Yorkshire though. I assume they’ve included the puddles and ensured that the weather is always rain?! :laugh:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
It’s strange ain’t it I don’t like my either but I really like the Yorkshire course , I wouldn’t have thought there was much difference in elevation so it must just be visual.
Watopia is favourite though for some reason

bridgy

Legendary Member
Watopia's my favourite too - and I think the best courses for racing are there too. I only really set it for New York for a change, and because of the unkowns surrounding this gravel thing - let's face it we're good enough at excuses already without adding claims that we're getting an unfair amount of resistance inthe gravel compared to others as well!

As I said in my earlier post, it's starting to look like all road wheelsets are equally affected and the only reason people saw others flying past them was that those others hadn't yet updated. I read that those using iphone/ipad and Apple TV may have had the update later than other platforms. So, we'll probably be back in Watopia next week - might be a lovely TT though.....:evil:

LBHIFI

Veteran
Yeah I think it played a part in the race. If you’re feeling a bit beaten up anyway it’s hard to keep on putting in little bursts of extra power to clear the congestion. And it felt constant.
I don’t think I’ll do that race again on Thursday. Even without my ‘turbo’ I’m happy enough with the result and I’m not crazy about that course

On a side note this winter is shaping up to be a lot of fun! It feels like for the first time in 2 years I’m going to get a chance to get in some good shape. And there’s quite a few of us that seem potentially very close on the road and chasing @bridgy and @Berty basset :bicycle:
I expect to do a FTP test on some real mountains in a few days. I should be able to find out if my Zwift setup needs adjustment. My guess is that if there will be any adjustmen it will be very small. But with 5 - 10 watts extra I may have a chance to stick with you front guys, at least until we hit a significant uphill section.

Top Bottom