Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
just hired bike ready to try tenerife :biggrin:
downloaded a route from adeja to mount teide , anyone done it ? got any advice or routes ?

Last edited:

Del C

Veteran
just hired bike ready to try tenerife :biggrin:
downloaded a route from adeja to mount teide , anyone done it ? got any advice or routes ?
I've done it!

It's a looooooong ride!!

I think it's 38kms all up hill from what I recall. Not particularly steep, just goes on forever. Well, 38kms of forever.

Nice cafe stop at Vilaflor.

Oh......... and then there's a 38km descent to look forward to.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I don’t know me very well do you - I would get lost when I go to the local pub if I didn’t use a ball of string

Did it a few years ago as well. As the chaps say it’s not particularly steep but just goes on Forever. Take cash so you can stop off and buy refreshments as you’ll soon run out of water/juice. I recall there is a corner shop in Vilaflor butI’m sure there are other service stations etc and tourist traps.
Here is one of my routes from when I stayed in Adeje https://www.strava.com/activities/339185604
Enjoy and put up some pics!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Lee, are going to Tenerife? Costa Adeje is nice area to ride. The climbs you can via playa san Juan upto Chio then onto the crater. ( cafe/restaurant Estrelles) after Chio

Or you can climb via Arona upto Vilaflor then onto crater. If you go round to Granadilla there is another nice climb upto Vilaflor- again onto crater.

You could go up via Arona and descend down to Playa San Juan

I can put you in contact with Tenerife bike training, if you fancy riding with others on one day.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Lee, are going to Tenerife? Costa Adeje is nice area to ride. The climbs you can via playa san Juan upto Chio then onto the crater. ( cafe/restaurant Estrelles) after Chio

Or you can climb via Arona upto Vilaflor then onto crater. If you go round to Granadilla there is another nice climb upto Vilaflor- again onto crater.

You could go up via Arona and descend down to Playa San Juan

I can put you in contact with Tenerife bike training, if you fancy riding with others on one day.
thanks andy , gonna try on my own first - i am very much a lone rider usually and would like to think that i would get up early and get going before most , but it might be handy to have a number just incase - cheers

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
There are two cafes in Vilaflor- where cyclist stop, one opposite the petrol station and another on the left 250 yds further up away from the first cafe. Ave climbs 6% (peaks 11%). If the weather is good ontop of the Volcano its a great ride and for someone like your ability, a couple of hours to reach the Crater lip. Make the ride upto cable car if clear views, its surreal.

The car drivers are usually very respectful of cycling. They give a little pip on the horn to let you know they are passing (non aggressive). Long horn blow virtually unheard of if you're holding a nice line and not weaving. The view from the cafe and beyond Chio are beautiful as are other climbs. Weather is generally very consistent with the south of the island hotter 22-30C

Attachments

• 20190326_121547.jpg
    20190326_121547.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
thanks andy , gonna try on my own first - i am very much a lone rider usually and would like to think that i would get up early and get going before most , but it might be handy to have a number just incase - cheers

Let me know when you are going (PM if you like) and I'll ask the owners if they are having an tour week.

This is a nice ride up and down Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/mY2fED0VK0

Last edited:

LBHIFI

Veteran
Where are you going?
Edit. Just saw your post. It will be interesting to see how your improvement pays off. You sure seem to have gotten stronger over the summer... And not just due to the wheels. However much like the above discussion keep using those wheels as your Dumbo's feather.You just have to believe.
Well looks like my TT improvement is mostly down to position and equipment. I won't be making any changes to My Zwift setup. Just have to work harder to latch on to the front group.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I’m thinking of upgrading the turbo trainer...currently on a Bkool - but using Favero Assioma pedals for power before you kick me into C 😀

Thinking of a Kickr or Neo2. I’m confused about one thing and it isn’t clear for me on the reviews etc...... Does Zwift control the resistance via Bluetooth or Ant+? I want to ditch the laptop and use an iPad but it doesn’t have ant. The laptop got the jitters in a race on Friday and I got dropped twice as a result. 🧐

I tried the bkool the other night and it broadcasts power in Bluetooth but resistance control is only via Ant+.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Thinking of a Kickr or Neo2. I’m confused about one thing and it isn’t clear for me on the reviews etc...... Does Zwift control the resistance via Bluetooth or Ant+?

It can do both if you have a laptop with Ant+ dongle or Bluetooth equipped.

I thought you could only have 3 Bluetooth devices connected with an apple product, which generally covers Turbo, HR and cadence. If you have a apple remote, something will have to be disconnected- others will correct me if wrong on that

I personally would not get a Kickr still, they are still failing with bearing noises.

Neo 2 is proven from the Neo. Prices are coming down now with the arrival of the Tacx bike

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’m thinking of upgrading the turbo trainer...currently on a Bkool - but using Favero Assioma pedals for power before you kick me into C 😀

Thinking of a Kickr or Neo2. I’m confused about one thing and it isn’t clear for me on the reviews etc...... Does Zwift control the resistance via Bluetooth or Ant+? I want to ditch the laptop and use an iPad but it doesn’t have ant. The laptop got the jitters in a race on Friday and I got dropped twice as a result. 🧐

I tried the bkool the other night and it broadcasts power in Bluetooth but resistance control is only via Ant+.

You can use either on the neo Al.If you’re using Bluetooth (which you’ll need to on an iPad I think), you just have to make sure the companion app is fired up so you have enough bluetooth connections.

You can also keep using the power pedals. I would, because they respond quicker to power changes than the neo does. So it helps you to attack and react quicker in a race.

one thing about using an iPad I’d be wary of is I’d rather have a wired connection than rely on WiFi. But I guess that depends how good your WiFi is. As another option I’ve just started using Apple TV and I’d describe it as very decent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom