Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I preferred the previous one! 7 seconds between me Tommy and Lee though - :boxing:

I think that might be as good as it gets for me. I’m heading out to the states on Friday for a bit of a mini break. I’ll be back in time for the race next Thursday but I’m not sure what state I’ll be in... What a buzz the racing’s been so far though! I hoped to be chasing you guys at some point but I didn’t expect to be involved this soon. And up and down the table there’s loads of little battles going on. Bloody brilliant!

bridgy

Legendary Member
I think that might be as good as it gets for me. I’m heading out to the states on Friday for a bit of a mini break. I’ll be back in time for the race next Thursday but I’m not sure what state I’ll be in... What a buzz the racing’s been so far though! I hoped to be chasing you guys at some point but I didn’t expect to be involved this soon. And up and down the table there’s loads of little battles going on. Bloody brilliant!
Sounds like a pretty lame excuse being made there to be fair mate.....:whistle:

BurningLegs

Veteran
Further update on gravel-gate here - https://zwiftinsider.com/update-1-0-41095/

Sounds like Zwift have reacted to the critcism and the further update a few days ago has apparently increased speed significantly on the gravel roads in the jungle again
Sounds like it will all take some time to settle down. There will always be stragglers on an old version, and for the foreseeable it seems like they'll have a distinct advantage!

bridgy

Legendary Member
So, who is riding Thursday? Lee, fancy another go to extend the time over Tommy?
I'll be there Bob - not at all sure where I'm going to find any extra watts from on top of what I did yesterday though :surrender:. I might try going off a bit slower to try and save a bit more for the end, but that could easily go horribly wrong!

Tip for anyone riding tomorrow - assuming we start at the same point on the road as Tuesday, it was just under 2km until we hit the start finish banner where the Strava segment starts (and finishes), which is a bit further than usual, so don't peak too soon!

Well seeing as you say you didn't draft - and of course I believe you! - then you actually would have had a disadvantage with a normal bike so in my opinion it's fine to use your time if no one
I'll be there Bob - not at all sure where I'm going to find any extra watts from on top of what I did yesterday though :surrender:. I might try going off a bit slower to try and save a bit more for the end, but that could easily go horribly wrong!

Tip for anyone riding tomorrow - assuming we start at the same point on the road as Tuesday, it was just under 2km until we hit the start finish banner where the Strava segment starts (and finishes), which is a bit further than usual, so don't peak too soon!
mate i was blowing by the time i got there trying to catch @Del C

bridgy

Legendary Member
I wondered why you were hanging back so long last night @bridgy. Thought you may be going for a ridiculous negative split :laugh:

.......I must remember this for future meetups.
To be honest it was so far to the banner last night that I started to worry I'd missed it so I started pushing a fair bit before the banner - it has been less than half a kilometre from our start point by the side of the road in the last few races! Also, there's a reason to try and stay with people in a race even before the start of the timed segment which is to ensure you're drafting with the fastest riders you can, but in a TT that's irrelevant so you may as well save your energy until the start banner

Top Bottom